Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: POAs

1. Armylove

POAs

Advertisements
    So since Tim is deploying in JULY I want to know which POAs I need. Someone on here was talking about an "All power PAO" and thats pretty much like I can do anything? But the military dosent like to give those out? Can I go to an attorney and get one drawn up on my own? And if so, does anyone know how much that would cost?
  2. Senior Member
    I would like to know too since DH leaves in April and we still need to get one
  3. Armylove
    I think Im gonna call up a local attorney here, and figure out what we need to do.
  4. Senior Member
    I dont know about the local attorney, I have mine through the military, you can get special POA'S for like mortgages and stuff like that. Then the general POA's, that is all I have.
  5. Happy wife...happy life!
    Happy wife...happy life!
    You can get as many POA's as you need for FREE via your military legal office.
  6. Senior Member
    When my DH was deployed I got the General POA and the Special POA. I had to get the special to I could sign the papers for military housing and start/stop allotments. But they were both free. Have your DH go to legal and they can do it there.

7. hurry up and wait....
    hurry up and wait....
    Military legal HAS to give you the POA, but they can eb buttheads about it. Just go in there adn don't let them tell you that you don't need it.
  8. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer View Post
    Military legal HAS to give you the POA, but they can eb buttheads about it. Just go in there adn don't let them tell you that you don't need it.
    The lady tried telling my husband we didn't need one and I was pissed. Needless to say, he got it when we went back to do wills.
  9. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel
    I agree. Go to your legal office and ask for both POA's. When my husband was deployed, they did it for them. I will admit, I want one more often because if there is any finance information, Tricare that needs the sponser, ect. you will need it!

Good luck!
    kris~
    "Obstinacy is a fault of temperament. Stubbornness and Intolerance of contradiction result from a special kind of Egotism, which elevates above everything else the pleasure of its own autonomous intellect, to which others must bow.: Carl von Clausewitz
  10. Armylove
    Yeah, they just always tell him no he cant have one. Its frustrating.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast