Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I am VERY uneasy!

1. lord help us all!
    lord help us all!

Sad I am VERY uneasy!

Advertisements
    So Dh called today from AIT and told me that the drill sergeants told them that if they are going to Fort Hood, no matter what your orders say, you will most likely be transferred to 3rd ACR. Dh is supposed to be 4th ID. 3rd ACR is going to Iraq, so that would mean if he got transferred to it, he would leave...just like that!!! Does anyone know if there is any truth to this!?!?! I can not do this!!! Not yet! I mean seriously, he's been gone since August! They can not just take him away from me like this! I won't make it!!! I'm having a hard enough time with him being gone for basic and AIT. So PLEASE if anyone knows anything tell me!!! I need to know if I should start to prepare myself, and if I should stay at home!!! I can't do this!!!
  2. Banned
    Banned
    Blog Entries
    i have no clue about army. but in my dealings with the air force and navy. everything and anything is possible. i hope that it doesnt happens, but i would start preparing myself that it might.
  3. Senior Member
    Blog Entries
    We're Navy so I don't know exactly how it works with the Army. But if he does end up deploying, you can & will make it through this!

Deployments are tough whether they leave straight out of school or after they've been at a duty station for awhile. For me personally, I'd rather him leave right away while I'm still in the "he's gone" mentality & set in my routine!

Good luck!
  4. lord help us all!
    lord help us all!
    i really don't think i can make it! i'm barely making it through this. i don't think i was meant to be a military wife...but i am. i just want to be able to spend some time with him. i give you girls props for being able to do this!
  5. Senior Member
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by mrsfaller View Post
    i really don't think i can make it! i'm barely making it through this. i don't think i was meant to be a military wife...but i am. i just want to be able to spend some time with him. i give you girls props for being able to do this!
    I think we all feel that way from time to time! But trust me when I say that when you love someone you will do whatever it takes to make it through whatever struggle you are dealing with! I know that is easier said than done & I have been there before. We've been dealing with it for 9 years now including 2 deployments & being geographically seperated for the past 14 months.

Have you tried talking to a therapist at all? Specially one who works directly with military families?

Are you keeping yourself busy?

Why do you feel you are barely "making it" now? And what makes you think you won't survive a deployment?
  6. lord help us all!
    lord help us all!
    Quote Originally Posted by Debra View Post
    I think we all feel that way from time to time! But trust me when I say that when you love someone you will do whatever it takes to make it through whatever struggle you are dealing with! I know that is easier said than done & I have been there before. We've been dealing with it for 9 years now including 2 deployments & being geographically seperated for the past 14 months.

Have you tried talking to a therapist at all? Specially one who works directly with military families?

Are you keeping yourself busy?

Why do you feel you are barely "making it" now? And what makes you think you won't survive a deployment?

no, i haven't talked to a therapist. i've never even set up my tricare or know how to do it. i try to keep myself busy. i work part time, i have 6 animals, i go out every wednesday with the girls, but i'm just not myself. i feel like i'm pretending to be ok. i went out lastnight with some friends, and i can't do it. when i go out with couples, i just get sad. i think i can survive a deployment, just not right now. not when he's been gone so long already.
  7. January come quick!
    January come quick!
    That could happen. But he could also get to ask for leave before he actually goes (if he does go) deployed. I know its not easy, but you will make it through, you will see.

Good luck!
  8. Y SO SRS?
    Y SO SRS?
    if he stays with the 4th ID, he shouldn't have to worry about deploying until fall or winter. i don't know about the 3rd ACR though.

don't stress yourself out. everyone freaks when deployment happens but they make it through and you can too.
  9. lord help us all!
    lord help us all!
    Quote Originally Posted by toozdae View Post
    if he stays with the 4th ID, he shouldn't have to worry about deploying until fall or winter. i don't know about the 3rd ACR though.

don't stress yourself out. everyone freaks when deployment happens but they make it through and you can too.
    I am hoping he stays with 4th ID!!! I keep praying that they won't do this to me right now. I just need some time to adjust tothe military lifestyle before they take him!!!
  10. sailorsgurl88
    I thought they have to go to training b4 deployment?!?!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast