Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Seaman to Admiral Program

1. Senior Member

Seaman to Admiral Program

Advertisements
    I that for this program they take the guys out of the Navy for 3 years and put them in college. Can they get married in the program? Do they have to live with other guys in a dorm or can they live off campus with their fiance/wife?
  2. Senior Member
    I do believe that if you are married he can live off campus/base. My wife should be in OCS here soon if everything works out but not in the seaman to admiral program, shes too old for the program. I do not think they would force him to live on base if you 2 were married. I know my wife would not live on campus when she could live off base and sleep in a big bed with me, lol.
  3. Senior Member
    Thanks. This whole thing would be so much easier if we could live together.
  4. Senior Member
    Yeah well I am sure if and when you get married things will work out. I know it is frustrating not being able to live together. Just think of how it is for all of us that have loved ones on ships and on the ground. Not trying to trivialize it but everything will fall into place.
  5. I'm from the south and sometimes I have a big mouth
    I'm from the south and sometimes I have a big mouth
    I'm pretty sure they can live off campus. the military doesnt pay for them to live in dorms.
  6. Happy wife...happy life!
    Happy wife...happy life!
    My husband, Bryan, got selected this past year and will be going through NSI in May. Feel free to PM me or ask any questions you may have. He applied for 3 years then finally got accepted on his 3rd try. He was selected under the pilot option. While an officer candidate(college student), we do get BAH, but we'll THANKFULLY be living in an area where tons of military housing is present. He'll be attending Old Dominion University in the Fall. This is the BEST thing that could've happened to our family. We'll both be going to college to finish up with our Bachelors. Anyhoo, my hubby is on this board too, His sn is Bryan.
  7. Happy wife...happy life!
    Happy wife...happy life!
    Also, they're still considered AD so they'll still get the normal BAS, BAH and Base Pay.
  8. Senior Member
    I don't know about the Navy but when DH went to OCS he went ALONE. They made them live at the Academy and stripped them of all rank/priv until they earned them back. He was gone 18 weeks for that in CT while we got to stay in housing in FL and he received regular pay/allowances.
  9. Jo
    MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel
    Yes, Navy OCS is the same way in that the family can't go with them. They are essentually in bootcamp and have to earn priveleges to call or write home. I lived in Va. while my husband was in Pensacola going through it. It is a 12 week program and you have to have a degree before applying. My husband earned his E-6 pay and benefits until he was commissioned then he immediately was paid at an O1E.
  10. Senior Member
    Jo DH was the same way...received his E6 pay until he graduated then got paid 01E.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast