Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

Thread: Detailers and such ?

1. Senior Member

Detailers and such ?

Advertisements
    Ok, so my husband is suppose to be talking to a detailer here pretty soon. And I was wondering if any of you could help me with some info on this cause from what he is telling me so far... his command is gonna screw him into staying on the boat, and we really don't wanna do that!

So here's the situation:
    We are stationed in Pearl Harbor, he has been here on his boat since September of 2004. His PRD date is therefore either August or September of this year. However, we are being told that we can't go to shore duty for another year, which is totally fine it doesn't really matter. But, we were told at the beginning that we could possible switch boats until we do go to shore duty. This is the option that we want to take and we understand that they aren't gonna move us just to have to move us again in a year, so getting assigned to another boat here would be fine also. But, now, he is being told that basically he has to stay with this boat. He can either o-tep or not, but either way he will stay with the command and boat we are with! We don't wanna do that.

So here's the question, does anyone know of any way of finding out where there are billets open with other boats still in Pearl or if it is possible to switch boats on his PRD date and not stay with this one. We just don't think it would be a good idea for him career wise to stay with this boat. Anywho... any help whatsoever would be wonderful and very appreciative! Thanks in advance!

2. Senior Member
    I think that the site is called JASS... don't quote me tho.
    Good luck to you
    I am so clever that sometimes I don't understand a single word of what I am saying.
    Oscar Wilde
  3. Senior Member
    I had heard something about that site... but wasn't sure.

4. I'm from the south and sometimes I have a big mouth
    I'm from the south and sometimes I have a big mouth
    only he can look at jass on a governmnt comp