Mine spent 4 years a Cav. Scout
  3. Missing My Soldier
    Missing My Soldier
    Why just 4 years? Did he like it?

4. cavwifey
    My hubby is a cav scout.
  5. Missing My Soldier
    Missing My Soldier
    My dh is thinking about it and I was just wondering if anyone had any info about it they could tell me.

6. cavwifey
    What kind of information? Well you can expect him to go to Iraq because he will be combat arms. You will probably be stationed at Ft Hood. I don't know what all you want to know though.
  7. Missing My Soldier
    Missing My Soldier
    Does your dh like it? Is it extremely stressful? He is Marine Corps right now and thinking about switching to something else. He's wanting to know if other guys like it, or if they wish they were doing something else.

8. cavwifey
    Well my husband doesnt like it because he is never at home. Expect him to have to go to a lot of training. I would say it is stressful but i think it also depends on what unit he gets in because my hubby was always stressed out.
  9. JessicaK
    My husband loved being a Scout. He was a scout for the 4 years he was Active Duty Army. He ETS'd, that is why he only spent 4 years as a scout. He was recently called back to active duty under his IRR time. He has been involuntarily reclassed to civil-affairs, which he hates. Total opposite life of a cav. scout.

He loved being on the go and being in the field doing training. But, it wasn't all of the time, it's not like he was gone all of the time. It wasn't very stressful for him, like I said.. he loved the job, he just didn't like the Army!
  10. cavwifey
    I guess it just depends on the person on whether they like it or not! Maybe your SO will love it or maybe he wont....he wont know unless he does it. But the main reason my husband doesn't like it is because we have not been together for even half of our marriage & they used to make him stay until late so we never had time together. But like I said he might like going to the field & being gone all the time.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast