Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Good News for the FRG!!

1. Account Closed
    Account Closed

Good News for the FRG!!

Advertisements
    Today I helped with the first fundraising event for our newly formed FRG. We sold homemade Chili with everything to the guys and we made a grand total of $315 I'm very excited!! If there are any FRG Fundraising ideas you ladies have and dont mind passing on please let me know.
  2. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel
    Good for you guys. That is great.
    On my last ship we did bake sales on board the ship and would make between $300 and $500 for about 2 hours worth of work. Not bad at all. You just need to make sure people donate enough goods to sell. I think as a group we bought the drinks to sell since they all wanted drinks with their goodies.
    ~~Crystal
    Wife to Chris
    SAHM to Riley Ann

Hubby retired from the Navy June 2011 and what a change of life!
  3. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by GMEdwardsWife View Post
    Today I helped with the first fundraising event for our newly formed FRG. We sold homemade Chili with everything to the guys and we made a grand total of $315 I'm very excited!! If there are any FRG Fundraising ideas you ladies have and dont mind passing on please let me know.
    Where are you located at? I did something with my wife at our local VFW back home so I have ideas but not sure about them.
  4. patrixgirly
    whats FRG... someone told me to get involved in that
  5. Senior Member
    frg=family readiness group
    in the navy perviously known as the family support group

6. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    Quote Originally Posted by USNFFG52 View Post
    Where are you located at? I did something with my wife at our local VFW back home so I have ideas but not sure about them.
    I'm in Virginia Beach and hubby is stationed at Little Creek. I know our FRG leader said to think of ideas for our meeting tomorrow. She wanted to have some ideas for when the guys are home and when they are away. Some ideas for fundraising for Homecoming.
  7. January come quick!
    January come quick!
    We have done like cook outs and raise money from that. Also bake sales, lunch sales and have a menu of whats for lunch... I cant remember of anything else right now, but if I can remember I will post again.

8. Senior Member
    That is awesome great job!!
  9. Senior Member
    we are having drawings(cant call them raffles anymore) for first kiss, close parking spot, hotel rooms things like that. we are also having an ice cream social

10. Fresh Newbie
    Fresh Newbie

FRG fundraising ideas...

Dear Toothfairy03,

I have a few ideas for fundraising...
    We have had a Friday dress down day. The soldiers love it. One Friday a month, prefferably on or close to a payday the soldiers pay $4 or $5 to dress in civilian clothes. We do this on Friday because it is generally a shorter day and it is the end of a long week. Depending on the number of soldiers there are in your unit, it could bring in quite a bit of money.
    The last unit we were with, we sold polish pottery ornaments. We did this while the guys were deployed and made a killing. The ornaments were red, white, and blue with the base on one side and the deployment date on the other side. We didn't put our unit name on them because we wanted them to be versatile enough for people from other units.
    You could also try selling the rubber awareness bracelets. There are several websites that will do custom made bracelets and they are very inexpensive to have made.
    Also, there is always the idea of a unit cookbook. Everyone could submit a couple of their favorite recipes and then you could have cookbooks made.
    The opportunities are endless. Maybe even a car wash.
    Anyway, I hope this has helped.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast