Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

Thread: MOving Trucks? and DITY moves??

1. Miranda

MOving Trucks? and DITY moves??

Advertisements
    Hey! Well, we can move into our new place in a couple weeks...and just wanted to ask about moving and all of that. DH has to talk to command tmrw to see about the move- but just wanted to ask you ladies what moving truck rental companies you think are best and where you can find good discounts.....ive been looking at several for quite a while and just cant pick lol. so any experiences good or bad with any in particular? All my stuff is already packed and in storage (im staying with my mom these last few weeks). Thanks!!
  2. He's my popeye, but I'mnoOliveOyl!
    He's my popeye, but I'mnoOliveOyl!
    Most people I've known have just used Uhaul. We're renting a car hauler from them for the move to San Diego..

Well, I'm what I am and I'm what I'm not
    and I'm sure happy with what Iíve got
    I live to love and laugh alot
    and thatís all I need

3. Senior Member
    We used Penske when we moved from the bay area to Las Vegas. It was a little bit more expensive but worth it to us to not have to worry about the truck breaking down or anything. They replace the trucks in their fleet every 1-2 years or something like that. Good Luck!
  4. He's my popeye, but I'mnoOliveOyl!
    He's my popeye, but I'mnoOliveOyl!
    Quote Originally Posted by tjheath78 View Post
    We used Penske when we moved from the bay area to Las Vegas. It was a little bit more expensive but worth it to us to not have to worry about the truck breaking down or anything. They replace the trucks in their fleet every 1-2 years or something like that. Good Luck!
    That's really good to know! Some of Uhaul's trucks look pretty old... thankfully, all we need is the little one axle trailer from them..

Well, I'm what I am and I'm what I'm not
    and I'm sure happy with what Iíve got
    I live to love and laugh alot
    and thatís all I need

5. Miranda
    Quote Originally Posted by tjheath78 View Post
    Thanks for this suggestion!! I just called penske, and since i am a AAA member i get hella discount...i get the same size truck, accessories, car lift, and truck ramp, and EVERY type of insurance they offer for $684 total taxes and everything......with uhaul and budget i was looking at $1020 just for the truck, car lift, and taxes with NOTHING ELSE.....pluse penske has unlimited mileage!!!

yay!!!

** they let you combine ANY two discount offers you can find...so they gave me the 10% off internet special since i was looking online plus my AAA
  6. Happy wife...happy life!
    Happy wife...happy life!
    That's awesome Miranda!!!!!!
  7. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Miranda View Post
    Thanks for this suggestion!! I just called penske, and since i am a AAA member i get hella discount...i get the same size truck, accessories, car lift, and truck ramp, and EVERY type of insurance they offer for $684 total taxes and everything......with uhaul and budget i was looking at $1020 just for the truck, car lift, and taxes with NOTHING ELSE.....pluse penske has unlimited mileage!!!

yay!!!

** they let you combine ANY two discount offers you can find...so they gave me the 10% off internet special since i was looking online plus my AAA
    That is awesome!! The people there were all super-nice, too! I'm glad they hooked you up
  8. Senior Member
    Go through www.ditymovers.com website. If you click on the Penske site through there, you will get a HUGE discount... plus the site itself (ditymovers) has awesome info including a link to http://pptas.ahf.nmci.navy.mil/
    which has the calculator to see how much money you could recieve.
    Good luck to you!!!
    I am so clever that sometimes I don't understand a single word of what I am saying.
    Oscar Wilde