Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Just asking a question....:)

1. Mommy of 2 and Wife of a SGT...oorah!
    Mommy of 2 and Wife of a SGT...oorah!

Just asking a question....:)

Advertisements
    I was wondering I'm I the only one that notice that the first year or the first couple of years are the hardest in a marriage. Me and my husband have been married for 2 years now and I swear I think we have questioned everything from a-z but i think it is so amazing that we bounced back so quickly from the hype of a military marriage of falling apart quickly that I can truley say that I see myself with this man when I'm old and gray. I just thought the first year was hell on earth!! I'm so happy we got through it but has anybody else been through the dreadful 1 year or 2 years too?
    Mommy To:Lala & JC
    "I love my Marine...."
  2. Lovingmymarine
    Yeah I know the feeling. Our problem is the deployments but we are doing good and we are going to make it through this one ( this is his 3rd time going over)
  3. Senior Member
    wow... all I can say is communication is the key !!

AMERICA RULES !!!
  4. Senior Member
    Blog Entries
    I'm still in the first yr right now and it is very hard... I just take it one day at a time and hope for the best.
  5. Mommy of 2 and Wife of a SGT...oorah!
    Mommy of 2 and Wife of a SGT...oorah!
    yea...communication and faith is what making us better....i love that man! lol
    Mommy To:Lala & JC
    "I love my Marine...."
  6. I love my Boys!
    I love my Boys!
    Our 1 year was pretty hard but our 2nd year is a hell of alot better..we are still in our 2 year but it is moving by ALOT quickly and easier than the first lol.
  7. Happy wife...happy life!
    Happy wife...happy life!
    Quote Originally Posted by jays_wifeyUSMC View Post
    I was wondering I'm I the only one that notice that the first year or the first couple of years are the hardest in a marriage. Me and my husband have been married for 2 years now and I swear I think we have questioned everything from a-z but i think it is so amazing that we bounced back so quickly from the hype of a military marriage of falling apart quickly that I can truley say that I see myself with this man when I'm old and gray. I just thought the first year was hell on earth!! I'm so happy we got through it but has anybody else been through the dreadful 1 year or 2 years too?
    This sounds like me...LOL!!!!
    The first couple years were hard! Mainly because we had absolutely no family around here in Hawaii. I was brand new to the island and didn't have any friends, besides a few boat wives that I rarely associate with. But yeah, now everything seems to perfect. Sure we have our squarrels here and there. But after it's said and done, we look back and laugh about how we were acting. I LOVE MY LIFE, MARRIAGE, FAMILY, ETC....
  8. IYAOYAS
    IYAOYAS
    Yeah the first few years are a bitch. But you get through it and everything is great.
  9. Banned
    Banned
    Blog Entries
    ours didnt hard till year 3. but he was only home for a total of 6 months the first 2 years. shoot there are times that are hard now and we will hit 11 years in May.
  10. Senior Member
    The first 5 years were ROUGH. It takes time, longer if you married young, to figure yourself out and how you are a wife/husband. Hubby and I will be married for 9 years next month and there are still rough times... it just changes, your challenges are just different. The biggest difference between then and now is that we know how to fight, which is a skill within a relationship.
    I am so clever that sometimes I don't understand a single word of what I am saying.
    Oscar Wilde
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast