Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Uniforms and cell phones

1. luvmysoldierboy

Uniforms and cell phones

Advertisements
    What are the rules about having cell phones while in uniform, preferably the Navy rules. I know the Army rules.
  2. Jessi
    they have to be solid colored if they wear them outside on the left hip on a clip, and no talking on the cellie while in uniform at all. hope that helps
  3. Wife of a weather guy, mom to a toddler tornado!
    Wife of a weather guy, mom to a toddler tornado!
    Depends on the command/ ship. DH's command does not allow any cell phones in uniform (even just to have in their pocket)...

4. Senior Member
    My DH's command might just be a little more relaxed but he can have his cell phone while in uniform and he can use it too. They only time he is not supposed to have his cell phone is when he is out on the flight line.
  5. Senior Member
    Based on what I recall DH saying... you cannot have a personal cell phone on your uniform, only an issued work phone. I think you can keep a personal one in the pocket. Also, he has talked about correcting sailors that are walking and talking while on a cell phone. That is not allowed. They can stand and talk but not walk. And definitely cannot use the headsets. As said before, there may be variances depending on command I guess, though I always thought there were Navy regulations that applied to everyone. I know there has to be some kind of exceptions for certain circumstances like when we were in Australia they were allowed to cut & sew their dungarees (utility pants) into walking shorts. It was really hot there.
  6. IYAOYAS
    IYAOYAS
    My DH says no personal cell phones while in uniform. He has a band that goes around his leg and has a place for the phone.
  7. Senior Member
    I just spoke with DH and he says that as of just a few days ago, in a meeting, it was stated that as of now, personal use of cell phones in uniform is allowed, even when walking. I did not ask if this was a command thing or not. I think it is Navy wide though.
  8. Senior Member
    My dh is a recruiter so his phone is always up to his ear. I'd love to blow the damn thing up.
  9. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    dh can have a cell phone just not attached to him (in pocket is ok) and no walkng while talking.
  10. Happy wife...happy life!
    Happy wife...happy life!
    Quote Originally Posted by NikkiD View Post
    I just spoke with DH and he says that as of just a few days ago, in a meeting, it was stated that as of now, personal use of cell phones in uniform is allowed, even when walking. I did not ask if this was a command thing or not. I think it is Navy wide though.
    Yup yup!! I asked Bryan a few weeks ago because I saw a Navy guy walking and talking on his cell phone, and he said there was a memo released about it saying that it's now approved...
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast