Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

Thread: Frustrating Dry Spell

1. Let's take a trip together on a bicycle built for two ;)
    Let's take a trip together on a bicycle built for two ;)

Frustrating Dry Spell

Advertisements
    man o man..do you ladies ever feel like you just have nothing to talk about? sometimes when im on the phone with db, its like were just listening to each other breath and thats it..or i can tell hes distracted and theres other dudes in the room, watching a movie or something..but it feels like we have nothing to talk about and that really scares me..trust me, its not like that all the time, we always have good convos but its just sometimes, i guess you can call it a "dry spell"..but i dont know what to do..this just gets on my nerves really bad..if we have nothing important to discuss and weve already talked about our day, then what do we talk about??
    -Val
  2. Happy little tree
    Happy little tree
    We're the same way. I hate it. Sometimes I just don't know what to say - and usually by the time he can get to the phones, he's so tired he's not even listening/communicating. It's very frustrating. Sometimes, what helps me, is I'll write a list of things throughout the day that I think of to tell DH, so later when he actually calls, I can just go through my list and that way I have things to talk about!

Keep up with all of our adventures with renovating a 1960s ranch house - check out MY BLOG!

3. Let's take a trip together on a bicycle built for two ;)
    whew, im glad im not alone on this one..thats a good idea though about writing a list..ugh..and sometimes, he will ask me something..so i start to say something..then i hear him saying something to his buddys so i stop..and im just like nevermind..and sometimes ill just be like..how bout you call me back when your ready to talk and listen..ugh..it pisses me off so bad..iuno..another thing is..my days are not that exciting..i go to school..i dont have a job or anything..so is there anything else we could talk about?? do any of you ladies know of any "deep" thinking questions i could ask db?? something like really intellectually stimulating..if that makes any sense..lol..but thanks for the list idea kelsey, imma try that..
    -Val
  4. lord help us all!
    lord help us all!
    oh yeah, i feel that way. he's only in AIT, but still, he does the same thing everyday because of it, and I either go to work or sit at home. what is there to talk about. it sucks, but i think its pretty normal
  5. intothedark
    I know exactly how you feel. I'll be in the middle of telling him about my day and he'll be talking to someone else. I'll ask him if he wants to hang up when its silent and he'll say no..so then there will be five or so minutes of 'yup...yup's between the two of us until I think of something to say. With those convo's I always end up getting in a worse mood because I don't really feel connected to DB. But then there are other days when we have great conversations, so I just wish we both had more to say to each other.
  6. Let's take a trip together on a bicycle built for two ;)
    Quote Originally Posted by intothedark View Post
    I know exactly how you feel. I'll be in the middle of telling him about my day and he'll be talking to someone else. I'll ask him if he wants to hang up when its silent and he'll say no..so then there will be five or so minutes of 'yup...yup's between the two of us until I think of something to say. With those convo's I always end up getting in a worse mood because I don't really feel connected to DB. But then there are other days when we have great conversations, so I just wish we both had more to say to each other.
    that part you said about not feeling connected when we have those type of "silent' convos..U TOOK THE WORDS OUTTA MY MOUTH..thats exactly what i feel..and your right, it does put me into a worse mood,which i hate, cause i shouldnt feel that way when i get to talk to db, i should be happy, and every convo should be nonstop convos and laughs, but unfortunately, they are not always like that! he said he doesnt know what happens, cause he can talk my ear off when were in person, but when he gets on the phone...flatliner..lol..and i guess its the same with me sometimes..iuno..but other times, he likes when i read him parts of cosmo magazine, like sex tricks or whatever else..so thats fun.but again, it almost feels llike i never can get 100% of his attention, especially when his roomates are there in the background..grr
    -Val
  7. Matt's Gurl [10.09.03]
    Matt's Gurl [10.09.03]
    Quote Originally Posted by oneandonlyval View Post
    whew, im glad im not alone on this one..thats a good idea though about writing a list..ugh..and sometimes, he will ask me something..so i start to say something..then i hear him saying something to his buddys so i stop..and im just like nevermind..and sometimes ill just be like..how bout you call me back when your ready to talk and listen..ugh..it pisses me off so bad..iuno..another thing is..my days are not that exciting..i go to school..i dont have a job or anything..so is there anything else we could talk about?? do any of you ladies know of any "deep" thinking questions i could ask db?? something like really intellectually stimulating..if that makes any sense..lol..but thanks for the list idea kelsey, imma try that..

" . . . so babe hows the weather?" . . .yea i really dont know i just end up saying . . . .

"Grrr! babe if you have nothing to say then i'll talk to you tomarrow . . . ."

sorry i donno what to tell ya
  8. Let's take a trip together on a bicycle built for two ;)
    Quote Originally Posted by Andie_g429 View Post
    " . . . so babe hows the weather?" . . .yea i really dont know i just end up saying . . . .

"Grrr! babe if you have nothing to say then i'll talk to you tomarrow . . . ."

sorry i donno what to tell ya
    haha, yea, that seems like something you would say..but iuno..it sounds dumb..but ide rather be on the phone and not talk alot.then to not be on the phone with him at all..corny i kno..
    -Val
  9. I love my Boys!
    I love my Boys!
    We used to do that when we he is in A school and we would fight alot becuase we had nothing else to talk about..It was really hard. But we usually would end up getting off the phone becuase he knew that we would start fighting becuase we didnt have anything else to say..I would get upset but then I would call him back a little while later and we would have some stuff to talk about.