Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Question??

1. Kendra23

Question??

Advertisements
    Does anyone know what the differance in pay is for an E2 that is married compaired to an E2 that is not married.??? If we are not together do we get separation allowance ?? how does all that work. (hubby is a marine)
  2. Senior Member
  3. Bex
    Banned
    Banned
    you don't get a separation pay unless he's actually deployed, i believe.
  4. Senior Member
    I am not sure for marines? sorry
  5. Kendra23
    thanks for that the chart, its kinda confusing..sorry this might sound dumb but im pretty clueless about all this...am i considered a dependant and what is BHS?
  6. Wife of a weather guy, mom to a toddler tornado!
    Wife of a weather guy, mom to a toddler tornado!
    It depends on how long he's been in... The only difference would be is in the BAH if he's married or not (yes, you are considered a dependent if you are married as well as any children HE might have). troublemaker is right, he will only get seperation pay if he's deployed for more than 30 days (or if he's in basic training)

I believe your BHS is suppose to be BAH (I might be wrong) - Basic Housing Allowance. It's the allowance he gets to live out on town. If he is living in the barricks or any form of goverment housing, he will not receive it. The amount is higher if he is married. If he is (I believe) E-3 and under and not married, he is not able to live out on town.

Hope this helped ya!

7. Senior Member
    they dont have to be "deployed" to get sep pay. we got it when the ship was in new orleans for katrina and they were gone for 36 days. you start getting it anytime they are gone for 31+ days. it is back paid also, so if he is only gone for 31 days you will still get it. it is $250

8. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel
    The pay doesn't change just because he is married. His BAH and BAS will change. That is where there is a difference. As for the seperation pay, I believe that depends on where they are going, what they are doing, ect. Like deployment, Navy has it when they go out to sea (I think), TDY's for more then 2 weeks, ect. These are not exact but a good guess.
    "Obstinacy is a fault of temperament. Stubbornness and Intolerance of contradiction result from a special kind of Egotism, which elevates above everything else the pleasure of its own autonomous intellect, to which others must bow.: Carl von Clausewitz
  9. Bex
    Banned
    Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by hbeaudet View Post
    they dont have to be "deployed" to get sep pay. we got it when the ship was in new orleans for katrina and they were gone for 36 days. you start getting it anytime they are gone for 31+ days. it is back paid also, so if he is only gone for 31 days you will still get it. it is $250
    but that's considered "deployed" in a sense

i don't think you get it if you live in a diff state than your spouse, i could be wrong.
  10. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel
    My husband was a geo bachalor after we got married...So I dunno how it works..
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast