Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

Thread: First PCS Have ??????

1. armywifebridges

First PCS Have ??????

Advertisements
    We are doing a ditty move. Do they pay the dep on new place. How do they do PCS. We will be at our place for one week for the month and then move.So how does itall work??? Do you have to pay all up front and then they pay you back or do they give you up front. Dont know just talk to temp lodging and they were saying that we had to pay all up front and that the military would pay for up to ten days. After we got to prem housing. I am so lost about all this need some help so I can budget.
    Last edited by armywifebridges; 02-10-2007 at 04:40 PM. Reason: more ??????
  2. Wife of a weather guy, mom to a toddler tornado!
    Wife of a weather guy, mom to a toddler tornado!
    There are 2 types of moves, a DITY (do it yourself) & a military move (the military packs you up, ships you & unpacks you).
    You can request advance DLA (dislocation allowance) to help cover the costs of your move.
    You pay for everything out of pocket (hotel, rental truck, gas, food, etc) and the military will reimburse you accordingly
    Keep ALL receipts, if you do a DITY, you have to get the truck weighed full and empty (get scale receipts for that).
    hope this answers some questions!

If i didnt cover anything, feel free to ask more!

good luck!

3. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel
    One more thing, they give you an allowince for things. I think for us it was like per day....

Food: $60 member
    $30 spouse
    $20 child.

You will be given something for start up but sometimes it doesn't cover everything. I would save up enough for apartment first rent deposit, food for traveling and set up, deposits for electricity, gas, water, ect, phone.

We spent on the move I believe around 1,500 and they remibursed us (I think) most all of it. Keep your receipts!!!!!! Can't stress that enough.

They will pay for 10 days for temp housing. That is the cost of the Bilitiing at the base station. Ours was like...$30 a day for 10 days. If you don't use them...I believe you get that money. Your sponser will go to classes and they will tell him what to expect. If you know where you are going...call ahead, look online at apartments and get a ball park figure. Remember, you will get BAH when you move out of housing and until you sign for your new house. Keep that $ amount in mind when you are looking for an apartment. We made sure the aprtment covered BAH plus our expenses.

If you need anymore...we are here.
    "Obstinacy is a fault of temperament. Stubbornness and Intolerance of contradiction result from a special kind of Egotism, which elevates above everything else the pleasure of its own autonomous intellect, to which others must bow.: Carl von Clausewitz
  4. armywifebridges
    Do you know what the Army will pay for an E3 with dep? How about gas to get there. I have talk Dh into letting them move us. How do I go about get that done? And can I pack most of it and then let the movers pack the rest? What is the next step for me? Thank you for all the help I am so lost right now.
  5. Wife of a weather guy, mom to a toddler tornado!
    Wife of a weather guy, mom to a toddler tornado!
    Do you know what the Army will pay for an E3 with dep? I want to say DLA it's $1500 but I might be wrong
    How about gas to get there. You'll be reimbursed that (not sure if theres a limit though)
    can I pack most of it and then let the movers pack the rest? no. If you do it that way, the moving company is not liable for any thing that breaks. The companies prefer to pack everything and ship everything to "their standards"

have your hubby talk to his command who can give them the next step. The airforce calls the people that are incharge of the moving stuff TMO (i think) - im not sure if Navy/ Marines or Army call it something different.

6. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel
    Justa warning....The movers are PICKY about what they pack. When we transferred last year, they would not pack candles, anything liquid (even sealed), vanilla because it was flammable, stuff like that. If you do a partial, you get so much. Our move was 800 total.
    "Obstinacy is a fault of temperament. Stubbornness and Intolerance of contradiction result from a special kind of Egotism, which elevates above everything else the pleasure of its own autonomous intellect, to which others must bow.: Carl von Clausewitz