Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: DEERS?

1. krisimarienkpy

DEERS?

Advertisements
    ... what is it? someone told me that i have to be in that or something before tricare will even touch our application. but i have NO clue what it is and neither does DH.

2. Banned
    Banned
    Blog Entries
    You have to be in the system as a spouse. Your DH needs to go to PSD to get it taken care of and you put on his page 2.
  3. Proud Navy Wife and Mommy
    Proud Navy Wife and Mommy

4. Senior Member
    We went to his command to be put on his page 2. Then we had to go to PSD to be put into DEERS before we could go to tricare. Just an FYI you have to have your birth certificate. I didn't know that ahead of time and spent hours searching for mine & the kids.
  5. krisimarienkpy
    Quote Originally Posted by dannysgirl004 View Post
    We went to his command to be put on his page 2. Then we had to go to PSD to be put into DEERS before we could go to tricare. Just an FYI you have to have your birth certificate. I didn't know that ahead of time and spent hours searching for mine & the kids.
    do i HAVE to be there? can i just send it to him? i won't see him untill march 7th, when he graduates. i guess i could do it then. do i have to do it right away or can i just move with him at his first duty station and after we get settled take care of all of that stuff??

i could seriously go on forever with questions! hahaha.
  6. krisimarienkpy
    Quote Originally Posted by duckyprincess View Post
    thanks hun. that deffinately helps.
  7. Banned
    Banned
    Blog Entries
    if you want any medical coverage... he needs to do it. Walter didnt need my birth cert, but he needed our DD's. He just needed our marriage cert. even though you are married and are eligible for medical coverage... you arent covered till you are in Deers. Without doing anything with tricare, you will automatically be covered under tricare standard. which means there are co-pays.
  8. Proud Navy Wife and Mommy
    Proud Navy Wife and Mommy
    u welcome! he can do it all on his own as long as he has everything he needs... marriage certificate, birthcertificate for the kiddos, social security number,.. cant remember what else.

9. krisimarienkpy
    thanks! i'll tell him to get his butt in gear and do that stuff. haha. i know that he gave the marriage certificate to... whoever. idk. lol but i'll make sure to send him the rest of my stuff. ^-^
  10. Senior Member
    Yeah I don't know why dh command wanted my birth certificate I have never heard of that either???? But he can do everything without you. Good luck!!!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast