Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

Thread: Freaking out...

1. seanswife32

Freaking out...

Advertisements
    Hello,

I'm getting ready to move in a couple weeks (to Norfolk) and am very nervous . This is our first military move so I just don't get the whole process quite yet! Who do I call to set up our move (movers, packers, etc) & also how do I get the reimbursement for moving stuff ( I saw on another post that they reimburse for moving which I had no idea about! ) Any help would be greatly appreciated and anyone who has done this before and has advice and would like to PM me I would SO greatly appreciate it!! TIA!!
  2. Loving my sailor!
    Loving my sailor!
    I wish you luck with the move! The moving process with the navy is sticky and complicted to me. it never worked out right! so we just did it ourselves! They have all these rules and stuff. to much of a hassle for me! But i wish you luck!
  3. IYAOYAS
    IYAOYAS
    Call a military housing office and they will explain the process to you. Some places make you go to a class. My last move we filled an application online but I forget the site. Housing would know. DH always does the travel claim. Thats his department.LOL
  4. I wanna lick the wrapper........
    I wanna lick the wrapper........
    You need to have a copy of orders to actually set anything up.

5. AFWife05
    Quote Originally Posted by AOCWife View Post
    Call a military housing office and they will explain the process to you. Some places make you go to a class. My last move we filled an application online but I forget the site. Housing would know. DH always does the travel claim. Thats his department.LOL
    This is probably the best thing to do because each branch of the military is different! Shouldn't be, but it seems it is! With the AF all we did was schedule an appt with housing and we had an option of moving ourselves or having somone do it for us. Well, hubbie wanted to do it himself with friends, but my idea I wanted them to move us! If I remember correctly, they said if we move ourselves, they'll only reimburse us so much money. I hope all works out well for you...Don't stress over it though because one way or another in the end it's paid for!
  6. Jo
    MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel
    Look at your husband's orders and read through them, it will tell you who to contact to set up the move.
  7. Senior Member
    all I got for you is... BREATHE ...

AMERICA RULES !!!
  8. I wanna lick the wrapper........
    I wanna lick the wrapper........
    Call Family Services Center they will give you the information. Only call housing if you want to get on the waiting list for housing.

9. Senior Member
    Blog Entries
    ours hasn't worked out so far. be prepared to raise hell if you get the run around