Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

Thread: If a enlisted sailor is deployed to the

1. Joy
    Banned
    Banned

If a enlisted sailor is deployed to the

Advertisements
    sandbox how does that work? What do they get to do? I've heard different stories about calling home, etc. I've also heard that they still have to pay to call home. Not frontline military, I'm talking aviation support. If anyone has experience how things are like, I'd really like to know. Nothing that would put our boys in danger, just basic stuff. Do they still get BAS? Per Diem? Etc.

Just trying to prepare. Thanks
  2. I love my Boys!
    I love my Boys!
    My DH's friend works in the aviation dept. doing the computer programming and he got sent out last year sometime...He can't really tell his wife what he is doing but he told her that he was in a good area and he liked it there. I am pretty sure they get all the extra benefit's atleast DH told me they do...
  3. Legs
    My hubby is going IA to Iraq in May and was told he gets the same pay benefits but NOT the food allowance.

He'll be in Baghdad and live with an army group. (Forgive me I am not sure if it is platoon or what haha!)
  4. Joy
    Banned
    Banned
    I'm not really looking for "what" they do, just trying to know if they can call, is it by phone card, how do packages work out there, is there a limitation on what you can mail, etc. Basic stuff
  5. Legs
    Quote Originally Posted by Joy View Post
    I'm not really looking for "what" they do, just trying to know if they can call, is it by phone card, how do packages work out there, is there a limitation on what you can mail, etc. Basic stuff
    You can still send care packages no problem, it's just an APO address. Just the custom forms to fill out.
    It depends on where he is if he can call and if that base has good telephone lines. From what I have heard most bases there have that capacity.

6. Joy
    Banned
    Banned
    Thanks.
  7. His Tupelo Honey
    His Tupelo Honey
    My dh is in aviation and was over there for about 4 months.We still recieved all the pay we got regularly.We were able to talk more.And he had more computer access.He had his laptop and he had a wireless card and they have some areas set up so he could get online and we talked on a regular bases.It wasn't to bad.
  8. Joy
    Banned
    Banned
    Did he have to have a certain phone card or did he talk over a DSN line? We heard there was wireless internet there too and to have someone confirm it, is great! Thanks.