Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

Thread: ????

1. Kendra23

????

Advertisements
    hey guys....i just got married on Jan. 11 and i am very new to all of this. my husband is a marine and just got back from boot. he is currently away at Marine Combat Training. He has been gone for a week. but i have some questions if anyone can answer them.....when he left we both thought that he was aloud a cell phone with him and could have phone calls (specially on sunday which is liberty) but i havnt heard from him since he left at all!! im having a hard time with this because i didnt prepare myself enough for this. If ANYONE knows anything about mct and what happens next i would love to know. Im kinda going crazy cause i dont know whats going on. PLEASE someone tell me something!!!!!

2. Angelina
    Congrats on the marriage!
  3. Senior Member
    Hi... my hubby is a t boot now .. graduating in 4 weeks... and I was told no phone when they go to combat trainging, b/c they are out in the field

I do hope he calls home home soon. Did you all get married on his 10 leave ?

AMERICA RULES !!!
  4. Senior Member
    Just expect not to hear from him too much and then you will be happy with whatever communication you get. There are no guarantees in when they are in training, it is what it is. I don't know anything specific to the Marines, but my hubby is doing BUD/s training to be a Navy SEAL. I live here in San Diego with him and there are times when I don't see him for quite some time. Their weekends are not guaranteed to them.
    Write him letters, it means a lot to them. It does get easier. I am sure once he has been there for a bit longer, the instructors will ease up and let them use the phone. As far as him having a cell with him, they may or may not have taken it from him... not sure what they are allowed these days.
    Good luck to you, and congrats on your marriage.
    I am so clever that sometimes I don't understand a single word of what I am saying.
    Oscar Wilde
  5. Account Closed
    Account Closed

6. Kendra23
    Quote Originally Posted by Mommy2lilly View Post
    Hi... my hubby is a t boot now .. graduating in 4 weeks... and I was told no phone when they go to combat trainging, b/c they are out in the field

I do hope he calls home home soon. Did you all get married on his 10 leave ?

yeah i did find out that they are aloud phone calls and phones at MCT!! the only bad thing is that most of the time they just dont get service!! so i could get a phone call possibly if he can actually get service.

Yes, we got married over his leave. he actually got a full month instead of just 10 days because of the holidays so it worked out really great!!!

You will have so much fun at his graduation. if you have any questions about it just let me know!!
  7. IYAOYAS
    IYAOYAS
    I am sure he is in the field and can't call you. Just don't expect much contact and when you get some you will be very excited. I know it's not because he does not want to, it because he can't. Don't believe everything you are told they can do. The military is great for changing things around.
  8. Kendra23
    My hubby finally called!!...they are allowed calls, but the first week they take up the phones so they cant make calls but then they give them back to them !! im sooooo excited!!