Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: cranking?

1. Senior Member

cranking?

Advertisements
    I know what this entails but I was wondering if its an everyday thing or will he get days off? Also is it a one time deal?
  2. Independent Beachbody Coach
    Independent Beachbody Coach
    it is supposed to be a one time deal. Bill got it once but for like triple the time he should have gotten it. I dont think you have duty on it, but you work crazy hours, but there ARE days off if I remember correctly.
  3. Senior Member
    well its good to know he could get days off. When i got his email about the hours I was thinking that really sucks that the kids wont see him until the end of the year since deployment is looming. He just got assigned to it this morning. He hates it and Im not suprized.
  4. Independent Beachbody Coach
    Independent Beachbody Coach
    yah Bill absolutely hated it I really dont think he had duty on it, I might be wrong. Hope it goes SMOOTH for you all
  5. Finding my own path!
    Finding my own path!
    Blog Entries
    hubby just said he didn't have duty while he was cranking, but the hours did suck! He hated it, but once it was over he appreciated the regular duty days a lot more! HAHA!!!

I remember how much I hated the hours and I wasn't really there with him for much of it except for Christmas.

Every Ending is Another Beginning!!!!
    "For I know the plans I have for you", Says the Lord. Jeremiah 29:11
    The cup of shite runneth over...
  6. I'm 'The Cake Lady"
    I'm 'The Cake Lady"
    Blog Entries
    It's a one time thing...for our neighbor, he's cranking for about 3 months and then it'll be my hubby's turn to do it for 3 months.
    There's no duty with cranking, but they do have long days and short days *as they call them*, our neighbor is cranking right now and for his long days he is at work at I think 5am and gets off at 6pm, and for his short days he gets to work at 5am and is off work and home by 9am. He gets every other weekend off and that's it for days off *for him anyways*...
  7. Senior Member
    Johns short days are 6 am to 6 pm and his long days are 4:30 am to 9:30 pm. Before he started cranking he told me he only has to do it for 45 days because of his rate. i'll know tonight if that was true or not.
  8. Loving my sailor!
    Loving my sailor!
    My dh cranked for 120days. But he didnt have to stand duty! And he was home every night. But the hours sucked. He would have to be there by 4 or 5am and then get off at either 7 or 8pm. But he got 2 days off a week.
  9. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel
    DH has never had to crank. Do they do it only during workups? or is it something that is continuous and people rotate through it?
    Visit my Etsy shop - All Ribboned Out
    Guy meets girl
  10. I'm 'The Cake Lady"
    I'm 'The Cake Lady"
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Ste9 View Post
    DH has never had to crank. Do they do it only during workups? or is it something that is continuous and people rotate through it?
    From what I've been told is that everyone ends up doing it, but it goes by how long you've been in the military, so the longer you've been in the longer you have till it's your turn to do it, but I don't think Higher ups have to do it...I'm not sure at what rank it stops at....I'd have to ask DH.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast