Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

Thread: moving questions

1. cutensweet96

moving questions

Advertisements
    I am so new to this. lol
    so i understand taht they move you, they take inventory, feed them etc.
    1. how do they move you?????like do you fly etc?i'm guessing..
    2. How do they move your car?? i am not driving to california(if thats where we go)!!!!
    sorry for sounding dumb
    im sure this wont be the last of my questions,
    Dh wants to move ourselves, but i'm all for having them do it. reason being somehow i know i'd end up doing most of it!
  2. Wife of a weather guy, mom to a toddler tornado!
    Wife of a weather guy, mom to a toddler tornado!
    Quote Originally Posted by cutensweet96 View Post
    I am so new to this. lol
    so i understand taht they move you, they take inventory, feed them etc.
    1. how do they move you?????like do you fly etc?i'm guessing..
    2. How do they move your car?? i am not driving to california(if thats where we go)!!!!
    sorry for sounding dumb
    im sure this wont be the last of my questions,
    Dh wants to move ourselves, but i'm all for having them do it. reason being somehow i know i'd end up doing most of it!
    Yes, they take inventory of your boxes and a generalized inventory of what's in them (kitchen box, bedroom box, clothes box, vaccume, etc.)
    You are not required to feed them, some companies request that you dont. It's just polite to do so
    They move you (if you dont have a car) by flying. If you do have a car, you have to drive it to where you go (unless you're going over seas), they will not pay for it. They will reimburse you for driving your car to your new residence though.

3. Senior Member
    im glad you posted this. Ill be moving in the next few months and I've been starting to wonder about these things too. Among many other things LOL. It's so confusing. I'll be watching this thread. Thanks!
  4. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel
    1) They will pack everything and take inventory. Make sure that EVERYTHING is on the onventory sheet. You will sign it before they leave and again when you recieve it. If something is missing and it wasn't on the inventory sheet then you are SOL.

2)Take pictures of any of your expensive or high price items. If something happens to them you want to have recent pictures of their condition, etc.

3)If you are moving in the US they will not pay to ship your car anywhere

4)They will pay you for your travel. They basically take the miles from your current location to your new location. They divide that by 300 (the number of miles they figure you can travel in a day). They pay you per mile, they pay you so much for a hotel per day of travel that they give you, they pay you so much per person per day for food and then they give you a dislocation allowance. They give you 60% upfront and the other 40% when you get there.

If you wanted to use that money to fly yourself and ship your car then you could but you would pay the difference.
    Hope that helps some.
    Visit my Etsy shop - All Ribboned Out
    Guy meets girl