Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

Thread: POA?

1. LaurenOC

POA?

Advertisements
    A general will cover everything right. Or do we need to get a special one for housing, credit, insurance, etc?
  2. Senior Member
    Blog Entries
    Some banks will NOT accept general POA, and when we moved out of housing I needed a specific one for that as well. Then there is one you need if you have to deal with PSD for whatever reason.
    An unconditional right to say what one pleases about public affairs is what I consider to be the minimum guarantee of the First Amendment.
  3. hurry up and wait....
    hurry up and wait....
    Ours specifically lists everything I am allowed to do even though it is a general POA
  4. LaurenOC
    Ok thanks. Dh was confused and I have never had to do the whole POA things.

Thanks again ladies.
  5. AFWife05
    POA's are a pain in the ass! Just because you have one does not mean that people will accept them!! I had a really hard time with the bank here on base and with his Credit Cards! Also, make sure you get a special POA just for finance or else is something is wrong with his pay while he's deployed...they won't tell you ANYTHING!! It sucks, but I'm telling you...finance hates it when spouses get that POA and they don't like to tell about it! They try and trick you into thinking the general POA will work....IT WON'T!! I thought the POA was going to help me out, but it's all at the discression (spelling) of the company. They don't have to take it!! Good Luck!
  6. USMCvet2847
    If you have a POA the company does have to accept it, although you may have to fight with them over it. A friend of mine's DW accualty had to get an attorney to help her get one company to accept it, they finally did when she was threating to take them to court over it.
  7. LaurenOC
    Thanks everyone! Very helpful!
  8. LovinMyNicaragua
    I HAD BOTH GENERAL IS FOR HOUSING AND SPECIAL FOR BANKING & EVERYTHING OH SNAP I FORGOT ITS ONE OF THE OTHER MAYBE I GOT THEM BACKWARDS. HOPE EVERYTHING TURNS OUT FOR YOU
  9. Senior Member
    Years ago General POA's covered everything but now I need specific ones for the house, banking and investments, and our business. IT's a huge pain the ass but well worth it if you find yourself needing it.