Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: when the military moves you.....

1. patrixgirly

when the military moves you.....

Advertisements
    so the military moving people will be here january 31st to pick up all of our stuff... and my grama is FREAKING OUT!!! everything like blenders, microwave ect. ect. is already in boxes bc its all brand new sense we got them for gifts at the wedding... lol anyway shes freaking out bc she thinks i need to put those in boxes too... im like OMG... boxes are not freakin cheap grama chill out. and we have some things in bags and she's goin real crazy bc of that. she keeps saying they will go through our things... what should i do? do i need to take extra percaution? or should i be fine? DH said something about they do like a small inventory with what we have... i dunno... maybe ill go through everything and make a list mself... i need some HELP ASAP
  2. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel
    My husband had household goods coming from a govt storage place and his room in RI...I was in RI when they packed it up and it was right when I got my Kitchen Aid mixer...I left it in the box it came it...They said they cant be responsible since I didnt have them pack it..
  3. USMCvet2847
    You'll be fine. do a compleat inventory of every thing they pack and they give you a copy of it.
  4. patrixgirly
    Quote Originally Posted by Jennygirl View Post
    My husband had household goods coming from a govt storage place and his room in RI...I was in RI when they packed it up and it was right when I got my Kitchen Aid mixer...I left it in the box it came it...They said they cant be responsible since I didnt have them pack it..
    wait... im sorry im confused what? you packed the mixer but when you moved it wasnt there?
  5. love&army4life
    Make sure that you pack what is valuable and breakable yourself. I had them pack up my rooom and they just threw things in boxes like they didn't care. So what pack whats breakable and what has value to you yourself. Other than that, it will be fine.
  6. Bex
    Banned
    Banned
    no i think she meant since they didnt pack it into one of their boxes, they're not liable for it
  7. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel
    No I never took it out of the box it came in...And since they didnt pack it they werent held responsible for what "might" happen to it...I took my personal and breakables in the car with me..
  8. patrixgirly
    Quote Originally Posted by troublemaker View Post
    no i think she meant since they didnt pack it into one of their boxes, they're not liable for it
    ooooo ok... i was starting to worry.... thank you!!! lol

so should i put the things in boxes or no?
  9. Single and Lovin' it!
    Single and Lovin' it!
    you dont need boxes...the movers have boxes and will inventory everything with you...you dont need to do anything unless your going to pack up your valuables yourself
    We wont buy, while cats and dogs die.
    Save a life...get a shelter animal.

YUM...
  10. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel
    it depends do you want them to be liable for what could happen? if thats the case you should let them pack everything...
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast