Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

Thread: Gypsy Moth Inspection of HHGs

1. Happy wife...happy life!
    Happy wife...happy life!

Question Gypsy Moth Inspection of HHGs

Advertisements
    Anyone experience this?!

I'm in the process of setting up our HHG packout online. One of the pages mentions Gypsy Moth Inspections in quarantined areas:

"If you are moving from a Gypsy Moth infested area that is quarantined, Federal Law requires you to perform an inspection of your HHG that have been kept outside the home, such as awnings, barbeque grills, bicycles, boats, dog houses, garbage cans, garden tools, lawn mowers, outdoor furniture, and toys. This Outdoor Household Articles (OHA) inspection must be issued by a qualified certified applicator (QCA) or by an OHA document completed and signed by the property owner."

If any of you experienced this, what all did the inspection entail? I've never heard of this before...
  2. Moderator

When we moved from Colorado to California (DITY) we had to be inspected for this at the border entry. It wasn't a big deal at all, they just checked out what was in our truck and let us pass. We didn't have any outdoor stuff though. The whole process took maybe an extra 15 minutes.
  3. Happy wife...happy life!
    Happy wife...happy life!
    Thanks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  4. Senior Member
    We had this as well moving from Maryland to CA. We had TMO move us and when TMO arrived at our home they gave us a form from the Inspectors at the boarder. We had to call. When I called they asked a few questions, basically I said, "yes we inspected ourselves" and she said ok you gave me the right answer thanks.