Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

Thread: I need insight

1. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel

I need insight

Advertisements
    So I'll be married soon and as soon as possible I will begin moving with my Future DH when I can.

My question is what is it like?

I know its a pretty general question but any advice or insight or just anything would be great.

Also.... If you were/are a child of a military family and moved around with the family fort to fort, what was your life like and how did you cope? I have a daughter and i would like to know what might be the best way to help her through this kind of lifestyle once she is old enough to understand. though i know what it is like to move around and go to different schools I dont know what is like to be an army brat.

Again any advice would be greatly appreciated..
    Wifey of MPFIANCEE on July 9, 2010
    HunnyBunny + ChunkyMunky + MunkyPrincess= ONE BIG HAPPY FAMILY +My Wifey MPFIANCEE + My God DAUGHTER +SGTWITTYDF= One BIGGER Happy Family

Previously Rachelkel05
  2. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel
    i posted this late last night.. i'm just bumping it so hopefully some one can answer it for me ::))
    HunnyBunny + ChunkyMunky + MunkyPrincess= ONE BIG HAPPY FAMILY +My Wifey MPFIANCEE + My God DAUGHTER +SGTWITTYDF= One BIGGER Happy Family

Previously Rachelkel05
  3. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by rachelkel05 View Post
    So I'll be married soon and as soon as possible I will begin moving with my Future DH when I can.

My question is what is it like?

I know its a pretty general question but any advice or insight or just anything would be great.

Also.... If you were/are a child of a military family and moved around with the family fort to fort, what was your life like and how did you cope? I have a daughter and i would like to know what might be the best way to help her through this kind of lifestyle once she is old enough to understand. though i know what it is like to move around and go to different schools I dont know what is like to be an army brat.

Again any advice would be greatly appreciated..
    Ok, I was an AF brat. I LOVED every aspect of it. As a child I was a very social child so moving meant MORE friends. New places to live, new places to see, new things to discover. And now things are easier to keep in touch with your friends with email, parents having facebook etc.

Military life will be what you make of it. Some people love it some hate it. I am NOT one who feels each place is what you make of it. I have lived in a couple places that nothing has made the place better in any regard. Others have loved those places but for me the place was like hell. But you just deal.

One thing to remember is often, whatever you do especially on base but to some extent off base, will reflect on your husband. Most certainly if you (or your child(ren) get in trouble your husband will hear about it.

Not sure really what kind of info you want, but there is some. Ask away if you want anything specific. I was an AF brat until I was 21 and than have been a spouse for 9 years.
  4. 11.21.09<3
    11.21.09<3
    I just moved from PA to AR with DH right after we got married. I lived in PA all my life and my whole family is there. At first it was hard, you're basically starting band new. The first few months were really hard on me because I'm super shy so it was hard to make new friends. I got a job and got back into everyday it started getting soo much easier, like it was all starting to fall into place. I hope everything goes well for you!
  5. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel
    Thank you both of your stories have helped alot.. .

I'm so nervous of moving. I've moved alot all my life and at school its easy to make friends I dont know how to do it just in everyday life lol. hopefully some one from msos will be where ever it is we get stationed when we get married.

Or hopefully he knows some guys with wives that i could talk to and hang out with

Previously Rachelkel05