Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

Thread: Moving Question

1. Loving and missing my overseas Airman!
    Loving and missing my overseas Airman!

Moving Question

Advertisements
    DF and I are getting married in two weeks. He has already recieved orders to his next duty station to Charleston. After the wedding he will be going back to his current duty station and he will get his orders amended so I can move with him to Charleston. My question is, I still live at home so will the movers be able to pick all of my things up from my house?

Thanks in advance for any help!
  2. Regular Member
    This is what happened for us:

I had to be within a certain distance of his Home of Record (luckily I am) in order to qualify for them to come get my stuff. It seems they would only honor it if I was within that range.
  3. Senior Member
    If you are actually added to the orders you SHOULD. Key word there. Your fiance will need to talk to TMO about that. If they do, they will only do it for a weight amount that does not exceed what he is allowed and of course they will have to count the weight of what he has to move first and your stuff after that.
  4. You are here.
    You are here.
    Quote Originally Posted by Southern-momma View Post
    If you are actually added to the orders you SHOULD. Key word there. Your fiance will need to talk to TMO about that. If they do, they will only do it for a weight amount that does not exceed what he is allowed and of course they will have to count the weight of what he has to move first and your stuff after that.
    Quote Originally Posted by WaveOnWave View Post
    This is what happened for us:

I had to be within a certain distance of his Home of Record (luckily I am) in order to qualify for them to come get my stuff. It seems they would only honor it if I was within that range.
    ditto....
  5. Banned
    Banned
    he will not get his orders amended- they only do that for Overseas moves-

there is a way to get them to pay for your stuff, and if you want the details PM me, I no longer post it on the board.
  6. Regular Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Southern-momma View Post
    You can request more weight. I know I had to when I moved to be with my DH. I should've also mentioned that he was OCONUS stationed in Alaska.
  7. Banned
    Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by WaveOnWave View Post
    You can request more weight. I know I had to when I moved to be with my DH. I should've also mentioned that he was OCONUS stationed in Alaska.
    actually you cannot request more weight- each member is allowed X amount of weight based on rank and with or without dependants-

if this was the case then my freind who just moved would not have gotten charged for being 1500 lbs over weight- they would have been able to ask for an "increase"

for a single member Conus to conus it is a MAX weight of 5,000 lbs.
  8. Senior Member
    Op, just have him go check with TMO when he gets where he is going. What will or will not be allowed and to what extent will be known by them and they can give him factual information. How much can be moved weight wise is dependent on your rank, (and some ranks on how long been in) and if there are dependents. Where you are moving to does not play into it.
  9. Regular Member
    If hes PCSing from England back to the states you wont get on his orders!!! You would have to be command sponsored to get on it... i dont think they will move you!