Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Plans Change

1. Regular Member

Plans Change

Advertisements
    *snip*
    Last edited by sbrew; 01-14-2011 at 08:37 AM.
  2. Happy wife...happy life!
    Happy wife...happy life!
    Quote Originally Posted by sbrew View Post
    But I'm happy about it.

DH was just told today that they won't ship our car to GA, they would ship it overseas, but not across the country. Whatever.

So they'll fly him to WA to the car. He's going to go there, drive down here to CA to pick me up, then we'll drive across.

Why am I happy? I Hate flying with a passion. This new plan is what I've wanted to do from the beginning. It'll be great, and we can stop in TX so he can see his brother who he hasn't seen in years, and new SIL who he hasn't met yet.

So, neener neener, I got my way! I'm so excited!
    Glad you were able to get your way!

Although, I do not understand why the vehicle is not able to be shipped directly to the East Coast from Japan, since that's where he's getting stationed. We went to Virginia from Hawaii and our vehicle was able to be shipped from Hawaii to New Jersey...
  3. There's more to life then Increasing its speed
    There's more to life then Increasing its speed
    Blog Entries
    We drove from Maryland to California. It took us a week because we took our time. We loved every minute of it. How often do you get to do that??
  4. Lurker Extraordinaire
    Lurker Extraordinaire
    I love road trips! Have fun with it and pick a couple sites to see along the way. Seeing the world's largest ball of twine was a fun thing to check off my bucket list.
    "Life has taught us that love does not consist in gazing at each other but in looking outward together in the same direction." ~Antoine de Saint-Exupéry

Starting Today: 101 things in 1001 days
  5. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel
    Quote Originally Posted by Victoria View Post
    Glad you were able to get your way!

Although, I do not understand why the vehicle is not able to be shipped directly to the East Coast from Japan, since that's where he's getting stationed. We went to Virginia from Hawaii and our vehicle was able to be shipped from Hawaii to New Jersey...
    His car is in Washington.
    "Obstinacy is a fault of temperament. Stubbornness and Intolerance of contradiction result from a special kind of Egotism, which elevates above everything else the pleasure of its own autonomous intellect, to which others must bow.: Carl von Clausewitz
  6. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by sbrew View Post
    But I'm happy about it.

DH was just told today that they won't ship our car to GA, they would ship it overseas, but not across the country. Whatever.

So they'll fly him to WA to the car. He's going to go there, drive down here to CA to pick me up, then we'll drive across.

Why am I happy? I Hate flying with a passion. This new plan is what I've wanted to do from the beginning. It'll be great, and we can stop in TX so he can see his brother who he hasn't seen in years, and new SIL who he hasn't met yet.

So, neener neener, I got my way! I'm so excited!
    Yeppers, they will ship it to the closest port from where you are coming from and you go there to get it. At least in our experiences that is how it has been. Convenient for the car owner or not lol. ETA: or wait, is the car already stateside? If so than yeah no the military doesn't ship (except under certain circumstances which are few and far between from what I hear) from one state to another.

Glad things work out the way you want it.
  7. Regular Member
    *snip*
    Last edited by sbrew; 01-14-2011 at 08:38 AM.
  8. Senior Member
    So the military didn't send a vehicle to japan for you.
  9. His beautiful!!
    His beautiful!!
    Glad you're happy.
  10. You are here.
    You are here.
    Quote Originally Posted by Southern-momma View Post
    Yeppers, they will ship it to the closest port from where you are coming from and you go there to get it. At least in our experiences that is how it has been. Convenient for the car owner or not lol. ETA: or wait, is the car already stateside? If so than yeah no the military doesn't ship (except under certain circumstances which are few and far between from what I hear) from one state to another.

Glad things work out the way you want it.
    yep, DH was up to transfer to Gitmo back in '05, and they had him dropping his car off in Texas, and would go via New Orleans....It would've been much easier to go to Jacksonville and drop it off from Panama City, but they said no.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast