Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

Thread: Trying to understand still new to all this

1. Old Newbie
    Old Newbie

Confused Trying to understand still new to all this

Advertisements
    Hello Ladies.. see if anyone can help me figure all this out. Okay my DB is in the Marine Corps, and stationed in Japan. he told me that he has to be at his station for two yrs, but there is a possiblity that he can get a six month curve. so today he pretty much decided that he has has enough with japan (he has been there 15 months). i was hoping someone could help me understand all of this. he trys to explain it and it totally confuses me. i was wondering what the chance that he will be able to get his curve? how long does it take for the to decide if he does or doesnt? if he does, does he get a choice of where he goes r do they just send him somewhere? and pretty much any other information you could give me about it. Thanks
  2. Senior Member
    He can change his "dream sheet" and try for a Base Of Preference, but they don't often change orders simply because someone doesn't like their station. If he has already been there 15 months he will probably have to suck it up for the next 9 months.

But yes if he does get the chance to leave they will consider where he wants to go, but in the end it will be where they need him.
  3. Senior Member

Ya...I think unaccompained tours are for 2 years overseas. I think he may have
    to finish.
  4. You are here.
    You are here.
    Quote Originally Posted by decks89 View Post
    Ya...I think unaccompained tours are for 2 years overseas. I think he may have
    to finish.
    Quote Originally Posted by Southern-momma View Post
    He can change his "dream sheet" and try for a Base Of Preference, but they don't often change orders simply because someone doesn't like their station. If he has already been there 15 months he will probably have to suck it up for the next 9 months.

But yes if he does get the chance to leave they will consider where he wants to go, but in the end it will be where they need him.
    i agree...until he gets hard copy orders in his hands, I wouldn't totally count on it.
  5. Old Newbie
    Old Newbie
    Not really wanting him to go.. i just didnt know whats the chance that it could happen..