Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Driving or shipping the car?

1. Air Force Wife
    Air Force Wife

Confused Driving or shipping the car?

Advertisements
    It's been awhile since I've been on here. Df and I are in full swing of planning our move to Las Vegas....38 days til we leave! We're trying to figure out how to get my car from WV to Tx(where he is right now) - if I am going to drive down (which has my family worried to death) or if we're going to ship it to Tx and then I drive on from there with him. Does anyone know of a good car shipping company that is reasonably priced? It does seem like the more expensive option. If I ship my car, then we also have to ship my stuff at some point, but we're going to have to do that anyway with the wedding gifts. Getting a uhaul from WV to Tx and then loading our stuff together isn't really an option since we have 2 cars. Just really don't know what to do...
    Originally JessaBecc
    "God must be a WVU Mountaineer too cause he made the sun gold and the sky blue!"

2. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel
    Blog Entries

I <3 Thirty-One! Summer Catalog is here! Ship to APO/FPO Join my team today!
  3. Moderator

When we moved from CO to CA, we drove a 22-ft Uhaul and towed the car behind it on a tow dolly. It can be done! Scary to drive the truck though- I made my hubby do it because he was more comfortable driving it than I was.
  4. Air Force Wife
    Air Force Wife
    Quote Originally Posted by Loving View Post
    When we moved from CO to CA, we drove a 22-ft Uhaul and towed the car behind it on a tow dolly. It can be done! Scary to drive the truck though- I made my hubby do it because he was more comfortable driving it than I was.
    I'd love to get a uhaul, but I am driving my WV to Tx by myself because he can't take leave right to fly up and then drive down with me But we could get a uhaul here and then drive it Nv....hmmmmm
    Originally JessaBecc
    "God must be a WVU Mountaineer too cause he made the sun gold and the sky blue!"

5. Just your everyday, laidback Aussie Girl
    Just your everyday, laidback Aussie Girl

If his orders are from Tx to Las Vegas then you will have to drive your car to Tx or get it shipped at your own expense.

6. Air Force Wife
    Air Force Wife
    Quote Originally Posted by rache3 View Post
    Originally JessaBecc

7. Air Force Wife
    Air Force Wife
    Quote Originally Posted by SandyKay View Post
    If his orders are from Tx to Las Vegas then you will have to drive your car to Tx or get it shipped at your own expense.
    Thank you...we're prepared to put out some money...just not sure which way is the best right now
    Originally JessaBecc

8. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    My husband and I had this delemma once. Shipping a car is WAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY expensive. It would be cheaper to drive it. You may just have to drive shorter daysand stay in hotels so you don't get stressed out. I personally drive straight through if it is less than 12 hours, and then stop. I would rather have a stressful short trip than a stressful long trip.
  9. Senior Member
    I just moved from Texas to NC and we drove my car. My family was worried about me making the drive solo, so DH took his 4 day weekend and flew to TX, that way he could drive with me. I hadn't considered shipping my vehicle, just because I wasn't prepared to deal with the expense. Good luck on your relocation!
  10. Air Force Wife
    Air Force Wife
    Quote Originally Posted by Katarianna View Post
    My husband and I had this delemma once. Shipping a car is WAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY expensive. It would be cheaper to drive it. You may just have to drive shorter daysand stay in hotels so you don't get stressed out. I personally drive straight through if it is less than 12 hours, and then stop. I would rather have a stressful short trip than a stressful long trip.
    Its about 15 hours...very doable in 2 days. My family is certain i am going to be run off the road, kidnapped and murdered so it's not making this already busy, stressful time any easier. I was going to get my best friend to go with me, but that's not helping them any.
    Originally JessaBecc

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast