Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: TLA

1. Regular Member

TLA

Advertisements
    So it's my first pcs with my hubby. We have been told we will get 5 days TLA here in Hawaii, then 10 days TLE in California. I am just wondering about the receipts. He told me we will get $265/day for a hotel and whatever the amounts were for the meals, etc. I am planning to book our hotel room through Orbitz (we can get a nicer room cheaper than booking it through the hotel) so the only receipt I'll have is the print out I get from Orbitz. Is that okay? Do we need to keep receipts for meals, etc?

Any recommendations please!
  2. He said:"I see a beautiful angel and feel perfection!"
    He said:"I see a beautiful angel and feel perfection!"
    Blog Entries
    When you are married you usually get 28 days of TLA ,keep all your receipts and make sure it's 265$ a day because that's a lot.
    DH:"I never thought I could Love someone the way I love you as much as I love you!"
  3. Regular Member
    You need to check with your base on what they will pay for on TLA. We are moving to Guam and we HAVE to stay at the Navy Lodge/Gateway if it is available or they wont pay for the difference in cost. I am pretty sure Hawaii is the same way. TLE is paid after the fact you will submit all you receipts just to prove you actually paid $$ out and you will get the set rate refunded. We ended up getting about double what we actually spent last move.

4. Regular Member
    We have double and triple checked on the rate. It is $265/day for us. It's my husband, myself, and our almost year old twins. Hawaii allows all hotels on the island to be TLA reimbursed. The lodge here is apparently always booked.

Now I'm wondering if there will be a problem with the Orbitz print out receipt for the hotel. Oh well, I think I'm over stressing.
  5. Banned
    Banned
    TLA is for while in HI- and there is a cap based on locality rate for hotel and the number of dependants. it will be different than CA.

TLE is for CA- again there is a cap based on locality for the hotel. hotel and the number of dependants.

you MUST show reciepts for the hotel- and they do not reimburse for parking or for pet fees.
  6. Banned
    Banned
    for honolulu- your max hotel rate is 177. anything over that amount you will pay out of pocket for. the MAX TLA including hotel meals and incedentals cannot exceed 283.

as an example since I am not sure where in CA your going- but for San diego co the hotel rate max is 147 with a TLE Cap rate of 218.

you will need to show proof of payment for the TLA/TLE as long as your orbitz reciept shows that the correct number of days were paid for you can use that reciept.
  7. Put the alphabet in order...
    Put the alphabet in order...
    TLA is going to be backpaid. I know that we checked into the Lodge on the 14th and then turned in our TLA paperwork to the housing office when we got our house. They paid for 10 days, I believe it's 10 days in our out processing. The housing office has the current rate for your rank and number of dependents. We stayed at the lodge for $107/day for a two room suite plus kitchenette.
  8. Just your everyday, laidback Aussie Girl
    Just your everyday, laidback Aussie Girl

I think you have to use onbase lodging if available at your out going and incomming bases (or get a letter from lodging), you can only use other hotels if in travel :shurg

ETS: they are not always booked, we stopped there on vacation once and didn't even book, just went in and got a room

9. Put the alphabet in order...
    Put the alphabet in order...
    The Navy in Hawaii has authorized all hotels as TLA approved, so she can stay anywhere, as long as it's less than the TLA rate that she was told. You don't need a statement of non-availability, you can just book the room.
  10. Regular Member
    The $177 rate is for a single person, obviously my husband is married so we get the full $177, plus we get 25% of that added to it per every child under 12. We have 2 almost 1 year olds so we will get 150% of $177, which is $265. I understand the amount of TLA I will receive and I'm also aware that in Hawaii we are allowed any hotel on the island as they are TLA approved.

I'm not trying to sound rude, I'm just trying to find out if the receipt print out from Orbitz will be sufficient enough for the receipt purposes. I guess I will book the room through Orbitz and then also try to get a receipt from the hotel just in case.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast