Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

Thread: off-post living.

1. Old Newbie
    Old Newbie

Exclamation off-post living.

Advertisements
    i was wondering can my soldier get some kindof clearance to live off-post? were not married YET but he said he cant be away from me any longer so he wants me to move to near his AIT post, once he is out of basic.
    and i was wondering if he can live with me instead of in the barracks?

thanks for your help.
  2. eres el amor de mi vida <33
    eres el amor de mi vida <33
    I'm pretty sure it depends on rank if you can live off post or not after basic.
  3. Senior Member
    I've never heard of anyone fresh out of basic being able to live anywhere but the barracks... unless they're married. I could be wrong though, so don't quote me
  4. He said:"I see a beautiful angel and feel perfection!"
    He said:"I see a beautiful angel and feel perfection!"
    Blog Entries
    No he can't live off post while he is in AIT, he can only move out if he is married when he goes to his duty station.
    DH:"I never thought I could Love someone the way I love you as much as I love you!"
  5. Just your everyday, laidback Aussie Girl
    Just your everyday, laidback Aussie Girl

With AIT, usually you have to be married and AIT has to me more than 3 mths long (or something like that) for him to be eligable to live offpost, as it is school and they really want them to concentrate on the school work. When he gets to his first duty station, it will depend on his commander and rank, some places they have to be E4 or higher unless there is no space available in the barracks.

6. You are here.
    You are here.
    Quote Originally Posted by SandyKay View Post
    With AIT, usually you have to be married and AIT has to me more than 3 mths long (or something like that) for him to be eligable to live offpost, as it is school and they really want them to concentrate on the school work. When he gets to his first duty station, it will depend on his commander and rank, some places they have to be E4 or higher unless there is no space available in the barracks.
    Quote Originally Posted by tania79 View Post
    No he can't live off post while he is in AIT, he can only move out if he is married when he goes to his duty station.
    ditto....certain commands say until he hits E4 or E5 unless he's married he'll have to live in the barracks. So, yeah you can move up there, but I'm betting he won't be given permission nor BAH to move in with you. OP do you have a job lined up and money for rent and utilities once you move there?
  7. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ChelseaNicole View Post
    i was wondering can my soldier get some kindof clearance to live off-post? were not married YET but he said he cant be away from me any longer so he wants me to move to near his AIT post, once he is out of basic.
    and i was wondering if he can live with me instead of in the barracks?

thanks for your help.
    If you are not married not going to happen sorry. And during AIT not usually, not usually. And even if you are married (and out of training) I have heard of some commands making young lower ranking couples live on base due to concerns about bills among other things.

And if he hasn't gotten orders yet he might not even be stateside.

But there is nothing that can stop you from moving to where he is stationed (if it is stateside) and him coming over often.
  8. Just your everyday, laidback Aussie Girl
    Just your everyday, laidback Aussie Girl

Quote Originally Posted by Southern-momma View Post
    If you are not married not going to happen sorry. And during AIT not usually, not usually. And even if you are married (and out of training) I have heard of some commands making young lower ranking couples live on base due to concerns about bills among other things.

And if he hasn't gotten orders yet he might not even be stateside.

But there is nothing that can stop you from moving to where he is stationed (if it is stateside) and him coming over often.
    I have heard that too