Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

Thread: Screw you TMO!

1. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel
    Blog Entries

Bang Head Screw you TMO!

Advertisements
    We WILL NOT pay you a damn fee for not being at the old house when you finally decided to show up today! WE NEVER RECEIVED A CONFIRMATION EMAIL AND RIGHTFULLY FREAKED OUT! We ended up getting UHAUL and doing everything ourselves because we gave you people 3 freakin weeks to get a hold of us via email, phone and etc to let us know when you are coming. You never contacted us. And now we're responsible for YOUR SCREW UP?! I do NOT think so! DH is on his way now to bitch these people out. We need to be out of our old house by this weekend before we owe rent for June as well. They told us when we signed the lease verbally that they would be our place on the 24th and 25th, however that was tenative and then 2 weeks later they told us that they "didn't know" if they would be able to make it out on those to days and to wait for a confirmation email to my husbands email account. I had him check his email every other hour. NOTHING. Even this past weekend I would go on his phone while we were trying to get a head start with the things tmo wouldn't bring and check his email. NOTHING. By yesterday we had had it and decided to just get the UHAUL. Today they call and say "you have to pay us a fine". Agh I'm livid. We just spent $150 on freakin Uhaul. Seriously?!
    What else can we do to fight this?!
    If you cannot get past my size and my exterior, there is no way I'm letting you know how great I am on the inside as bestsellers are not judged by their covers"
    -Me

Back in the Pure Romance Business....visit my page at
    http://michellemcmullen.pureromance.com
    DONE WITH GRAD SCHOOL! TIME TO CELEBRATE! :

2. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel
    Blog Entries
    anyone else deal with this?! I was just trying to see if we could successfully get away with not paying the fee or should we just pay it and never use TMO again?! I have no clue!
    If you cannot get past my size and my exterior, there is no way I'm letting you know how great I am on the inside as bestsellers are not judged by their covers"
    -Me

3. Senior Member
    Did you once ever call to confirm the date? Or did you simply wait for them to email you? For all you know they did send an email.

This is not just their fuck up but yours as well.

But find whatever paperwork you have from them (confirmation of date, in writing where a fee would be due if a no show or whatever it is they are calling it) and work with them. If you only have the one date and can't prove they tried to change the date than you might owe. If you can but they can't prove they confirmed and you can prove you HAD to be out of the house now than you can probably get out of it.
  4. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Southern-momma View Post
    Did you once ever call to confirm the date? Or did you simply wait for them to email you? For all you know they did send an email.
    This is not just their fuck up but yours as well.

But find whatever paperwork you have from them (confirmation of date, in writing where a fee would be due if a no show or whatever it is they are calling it) and work with them. If you only have the one date and can't prove they tried to change the date than you might owe. If you can but they can't prove they confirmed and you can prove you HAD to be out of the house now than you can probably get out of it.
    Good points. We did call, several attemps. And DH checked his email every other hour waiting for the email since he met up with TMO last Tuesday (that's when they said...hey the 24th and 25th are tentative, wait on our email for confirmation).
    He just called me. He went to his First Shirt and things will be taken care of once we receive this bill. Apparently we wouldn't have been in this mess if TMO had kept everything specific. DH has to print out the bill from UHaul and then he and his first shirt will be meeting up with TMO once we also receive the "fee" bill to determine if we really owe anything as we paid $150.00 for the Uhaul and there was no confirmation from TMO. DH is to hand all of the paperwork on this move on Wednesday to his First Shirt. I have it all together in one of the laptop bags. I'll get it together for him when I get home.
    -Me

5. Senior Member
    Did you confirm that TMO had a correct email address? I take it the fee is because the movers showed up at the house and no one was there?
  6. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by dekeoboe View Post
    Did you confirm that TMO had a correct email address? I take it the fee is because the movers showed up at the house and no one was there?
    Yup the fee is because we were not there when they showed. I'm at work currently. Actually when he met with TMO on last Tue he FIXED his email addy on their sheet for them. They had it as an Egalxxx instead of Fgalxxx. So he fixed that issue. If the did send it to the wrong address, that's out of our hands as DH did correct it on the form.
    -Me

7. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by mushortgurl03 View Post
    Yup the fee is because we were not there when they showed. I'm at work currently. Actually when he met with TMO on last Tue he FIXED his email addy on their sheet for them. They had it as an Egalxxx instead of Fgalxxx. So he fixed that issue. If the did send it to the wrong address, that's out of our hands as DH did correct it on the form.
    Did your husband check all his spam email as well as regular email?
  8. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Southern-momma View Post
    Did your husband check all his spam email as well as regular email?
    Yeah I made him, you know me southern-momma, I'm a worrywart, so that was one of those things that I was on. He actually got irritated with me about the email checking and calling, but TMO could have helped us! I was making him check his inbox, spam, and deleted files as he could have accidentally deleted it.
    -Me

9. "Saving People. Hunting things. The family business"
    "Saving People. Hunting things. The family business"
    I didn't know you guys used TMO to move on base...We have a huge truck we could have helped ya out!