Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

Thread: Questions about Elmendorf!

1. Fresh Newbie
    Fresh Newbie

Questions about Elmendorf!

Advertisements
    Hello everyone!

DH just got orders to Elmendorf and I am looking for some answers to a few questions I have.
    First, Has anyone shipped thier vehicle there? We're going to ship one and then fly, and I was wondering how long it took to get there? (Hate to be stuck without a vehicle lol!)
    Second, How is base housing? It looks fairly nice, but I don't know of anyone who's lived it it

thanks guys!
  2. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Chevon View Post
    Hello everyone!

DH just got orders to Elmendorf and I am looking for some answers to a few questions I have.
    First, Has anyone shipped thier vehicle there? We're going to ship one and then fly, and I was wondering how long it took to get there? (Hate to be stuck without a vehicle lol!)
    Second, How is base housing? It looks fairly nice, but I don't know of anyone who's lived it it

thanks guys!
    Hi, we were stationed there for several years. We did the same shipped a vehicle and flew over. To be on the safe side I would consider shipping your vehicle no later than a month out. 45 days before even better (if you can manage. We shipped ours a couple days out before we flew out and it was approx 3 weeks before we got it.

Now, where you live will determine the housing. Granted I have not been there in about 3 years, but there is the new housing which is nice, renovated housing which is ok (that is called Cherry Hill) and the old housing by hospital (and perhaps going towards gov't hill gate but before the new housing you'll know the difference lol) that when WE were offered it in 05 it was AWFUL!

Let me know if you have more questions and I will try and help.
  3. The Decider
    The Decider
    Blog Entries
    I don't know about Elmendorf, but Ft. Rich has some pretty nice housing. The two bases are connected, but I don't know how much their housing differs. It's probably quite a bit newer than what you're used to, though, considering Alaska has only been a state for barely over 50 years.

I haven't lived on base in Alaska (I'm just from there), but I've visited several girls I used to work with on Ft. Rich. If you have any questions about Anchorage in general, let me know!

I believe shipping should take just over a week from Seattle.
    Next time you shop on Amazon, click through this link to help an amazing veterans' organization!

My 101 blog
    The Arizona Oenophile. Wine snobbery!

Lovin' up on WiggleWiggle~ since 04.06.2011!
  4. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by LittleRed View Post
    I believe shipping should take just over a week from Seattle.
    Depends on when it ships. Ours took about 3 weeks to get.
  5. Fresh Newbie
    Fresh Newbie
    Thanks for the answers, I appreciate it. If I think of anything else I'll be sure to ask
  6. He said:"I see a beautiful angel and feel perfection!"
    He said:"I see a beautiful angel and feel perfection!"
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Southern-momma View Post
    Depends on when it ships. Ours took about 3 weeks to get.
    She is totally right and it depends where it ships from because from texas it took no time at all.
    DH:"I never thought I could Love someone the way I love you as much as I love you!"
  7. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by tania79 View Post
    She is totally right and it depends where it ships from because from texas it took no time at all.
    Ours shipped from Seattle lol. Guess they had to wait for more cars.