Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

Thread: Grafenwoehr Questions

1. Fresh Newbie
    Fresh Newbie

Grafenwoehr Questions

Advertisements
    so we're preparing for our move to germany and DH leaves on sunday and our son and i will leave a week or two later, we have not had the packers or movers come yet, we are scheduling that this week, so what should i prepare for? what should i have done (packed) already by the time they get here? and does anyone know how long the housing waitlist is for grafenwoehr? we need a 3 bedroom, any advice is appreciated
  2. Katie
    Katie
    AIT-- Fort Knox, soon to be Baumholder Germany
    I can answer the packing question They do it all for you! Just make sure you take your trash out so they don't pack that too, and your purse I was told to put everything you want kept out of the packing in your car or on your porch so that's seperate from everything else that's going.
    I am in love with an Amazing Soldier!

3. Regular Member
    I would try for Netzaberg housing area but i dont know how long the waiting list is... just call housing and they should be able to tell you and see whats available!
  4. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel
    There is no housing on Graf so you will be living on the economy - more than likely Netzaberg - its lovely over there.

Make sure you have a lot of warm clothes cause its bloody cold here and non stop raining at the moment!!!

as for packing - dont pack anything - if (and hopefully it wont) stuff gets damaged in the move - when trying to file a claim to get the worth back - if you have packed anything they can say it was you that damaged it before it ws shipped !!

Just make sure you get some pizzas and some sodas in for the guys and keep a watch on all your things - if you want things packaged more ask for it!!! (they'll be much more proan to wrap things carefully if you ve been nice to them!!
  5. Regular Member
    Of course theres housing on post in Graf!
  6. LT
    There are apartments on post in Graf, not very attractive ones but none the less there is housing Graf is actually pretty alright, the PX is fabulous!