Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

Thread: I don't know what to do, Im so frustriated!!!

1. Mrs. Smith
    Mrs. Smith
    Blog Entries

Confused I don't know what to do, Im so frustriated!!!

Advertisements
    I have been looking for a story about PCS. My DH is in korea right now and getting station in Oklahoma this coming Sept. We have kids to put to school and I'm very worried about missing the registration and can't move with him. I dont know how long the PCS will take since his all the way in Korea. We live in Washington so the traveling distance is too far for me just to register my kids and then go back. Not to mention i need a proof of resedency over there before i can register my kids. Ahhhhhhh Im so frustriated and don't know what to do.
    Truelly i am inlove with you and i miss you every moment of my life!!
  2. Mrs. Smith
    Mrs. Smith
    Blog Entries

Confused I don't know what to do, Im so frustriated!!!

I have been looking for a story about PCS. My DH is in korea right now and getting station in Oklahoma this coming Sept. We have kids to put to school and I'm very worried about missing the registration and can't move with him. I dont know how long the PCS will take since his all the way in Korea. We live in Washington so the traveling distance is too far for me just to register my kids and then go back. Not to mention i need a proof of resedency over there before i can register my kids. Ahhhhhhh Im so frustriated and don't know what to do.
    Surviving the craziness of life...
    I am not able to provide much help in this department, but you might have more luck if you post in the PCS forum.
  4. He said:"I see a beautiful angel and feel perfection!"
    He said:"I see a beautiful angel and feel perfection!"
    Blog Entries
    Why don't you call the school first to find out .Actually the proof of residency will probably be your DH's orders which he will get a month out of his DEROS date(the day he is supposed to leave Korea) and they will usually give him 14 Days for PCS leave
    DH:"I never thought I could Love someone the way I love you as much as I love you!"
  5. He said:"I see a beautiful angel and feel perfection!"
    He said:"I see a beautiful angel and feel perfection!"
    Blog Entries
    Your SO first will need to take an appointment with transport and he can't do that till he gets his orders ,Transport will be done during the 14 days of clearing the post he has to do.The movers will pack everything but whatever you want to take with you pack it up.
    DH:"I never thought I could Love someone the way I love you as much as I love you!"
  6. Mrs. Smith
    Mrs. Smith
    Blog Entries
    I will pray for that one month out!! Actually i called the school already, and they transfered me to every school in Oklahoma until I found out that my son is going to jarman middle school, but when i started asking questions about registration he transfered me back to what they call district center whom i asked questions before. Do you guys know whether we can register late since we are a family of millitary? i mean, im sure that it is not unusual for them to get a late registration right?
    Truelly i am inlove with you and i miss you every moment of my life!!
  7. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by smith View Post
    As I told you in your thread you asked about this, you need to call the school and find out their requirements. As for residency, a lease with housing or a landlord will be proof. You can register late them, just have their school records from their current school as well as whatever documents they require.
  8. Senior Member
    You'll be all right. Take some deep breaths. I don't really have any experience with this as an adult, but my dad was military, and during our last move, I was in third grade, and didn't get registered with school until the fourth quarter of school...so registering them late isn't a big deal. Things will come together. And if your kids miss a little bit of school, it seriously is not the end of the world. : ) Moving is stressful as is, don't make it anymore stressful on yourself than it needs to be.
  9. Senior Member
    The schools will take your kids regardless of registration now. Military families do this every day. Try and take it day by day I know its stressfull.

We had to PCS mid school year. It was insain here because new housing just opened and everyone PCSing was moving in. The school had 3-4 new students a day (in their own words). All we did was get here, go to the school and get the registration form, fill it out and our son went to school the next day. Schools in military areas are use to it but all schools have kids in and out throughout the year.
  10. Senior Member
    It's not just military families that move in the middle of the school year. Hundreds of families move in the middle of the school year. Getting him registered won't be a problem. Keep your paperwork together, and you can do it in an afternoon.
    It's true I must be going, but I swear I won't be long
    There isn't that much ocean between Boston and St. Johns
    -Great Big Sea, Boston and St. Johns