Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Willoughby Bay Housing

1. Fresh Newbie
    Fresh Newbie

Willoughby Bay Housing

Advertisements
    Hi, I was wondering if anyone has lived or lives in Willoughby Bay or Castle Acres base housing (Norfolk) and could tell me a little about the areas. My husband and I are entitled to a two bedroom home.

Thanks!
  2. Dreams come true... I am living mine
    Dreams come true... I am living mine
    I lived at Willoughby Bay until we were moved out due to mold (it is right on the water so a lot of the houses have issues with mold) What questions do you have?
  3. You are here.
    You are here.
    I know someone who lived in Castle Acres...AFAIK they never had too many problems. Average neighbor stuff.
  4. Fresh Newbie
    Fresh Newbie
    I was just wondering what the Bay area was like... there are no pictures online so I can't see the insides or the neighborhood... I really like the floor plan I did see... I've never been to VA so I don't know anything about it...
  5. Happy wife...happy life!
    Happy wife...happy life!
    I've heard it floods in that area, so IMO, I'd avoid living there.
  6. You are here.
    You are here.
    Quote Originally Posted by Victoria View Post
    I've heard it floods in that area, so IMO, I'd avoid living there.
    yeah, every nor'easter it does have a tendency to flood in that area. I've driven through there from ocean view a few times...it looks nice, but i've never been in willoughby bay housing....
  7. Dreams come true... I am living mine
    Dreams come true... I am living mine
    Willoughby did not flood when I lived there but the streets around it did. I loved the lay out of the house there. You walk in and you are in the front entry way it has a galley kitchen to the left (washer and dryer spots are in there) it has a huge pantry under the steps (walk in size) it has a little dining area and then the living room with floor to roof window/door. When you walk in the steps are directly to your right when you reach the top of the steps the master bedroom is right in front of you (it is good size) if you do a U turn at the top of the landing there is a bathroom and then straight ahead is the spare bedroom also good size.

All of the 2 bedrooms are on the end so there is a window in the dining room. The parking sucks and they put in HUGE speed bumps (but they put them in - in all the housing so there is no avoiding it if you live in housing).

There was some drama with the different wives but I tended to try to stay out of it. There is a storage shed in the back yard that is good size and the back yard is surrounded by a 4ft wrought iron fence. There are several playgrounds that your kids can play in (if you have any) and you can walk to the little (emphasis on little) beach thingy that they have behind the community center. It is nice to sit on the log and talk with your SO but I don't recommend swimming.
  8. Fresh Newbie
    Fresh Newbie
    Thank you so much Kris... one more question I promise lol... do any of the houses have carpeting and if not what kind of flooring do they have?
  9. wishin
    wishin
    i live in wb housing. it doesnt flood here but everywhere around it is does.. i live in a 3bed 3bath.. the areas nice. outside the area isnt so much but im from the area my whole life so i know the good and bad areas of the southside. any questions you have i can help. Housing is on top of any problems now. i think the two bedrooms are aufull but for tha areae they are the biggest you get. they have good size rooms but the kitchen. ours is nice.. wish the rooms were a little larger but they are okay. yards arnt bad. if you have any specific questions i can help
    Sometimes the smallest things take up the biggest space in your heart.
  10. Fresh Newbie
    Fresh Newbie
    Hi, sailornwife. Why do you think the two bedrooms are awful? I looked into the bay housing because the only other two bedrooms are in Castle Acres and they are only 800 square feet and we have my husband, me, our daughter, and a big dog...

If you don't mind me asking... what do the insides look like? Like the cabinets and what kind of flooring and windows? They don't have any pictures posted online of the insides unlike the other housing complexes...
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast