Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

Thread: Ft. Lewis Housing

1. Fresh Newbie
    Fresh Newbie
    Blog Entries

Ft. Lewis Housing

Advertisements
    Does anyone have suggestions for Apartments around the Ft. Lewis area? My DH and and I are looking for a 3 bedroom Apartment, but in a good/safe neighborhood.

I would appreciate any help since this is our first PCS together. Thanks!
  2. Senior Member
    Blog Entries
    Our apartment is around 590 and its two bedroom. Its a nice neighborhood, but its only two bedroom. What type of area are you looking for? Would you like to live closer to a city or a little more of a rural area?
    If you have any questions let me know! I've lived in the area all my life, and will be experiencing my first pcs this summer! I'm jealous of you! I LOVE LOVE LOVE this area, I will miss WA
  3. >.< *face palm* >.<
    >.< *face palm* >.<

Hmm, 3 bedroom off post. I have a friend that lives in a nice place about 5 minutes from McChord, but idk if they have 3 bedrooms (his is a one bedroom, they're really nice though)
  4. He said:"I see a beautiful angel and feel perfection!"
    He said:"I see a beautiful angel and feel perfection!"
    Blog Entries
    I am moving there next year, maybe I should start looking
    DH:"I never thought I could Love someone the way I love you as much as I love you!"
  5. Feelin' fly like a Cheesestick
    Feelin' fly like a Cheesestick
    How far from base are you wanting to be? I used to live in University Place, which is typically a nice area, but it's about 20 minutes from base. I know a lot of people at McChord choose to live in DuPont. My parents live in Lakewood--like many cities, there are sketchy places as well as very nice places there.

I'm no help, huh? Sorry! Good luck with your move though! It's a nice place to live, IMO, but I may be biased since I grew up in the Tacoma area.
    Beth, Mama to Emmalee (12), Evan (9), and Ella (4 on May 7) (I really REALLY need to update my picture!)
  6. Fresh Newbie
    Fresh Newbie
    Blog Entries
    What cities do you suggest? My husband found some apartments in Lakewood/Puyalupp. I just don't want to live in an unsafe apartment complex.

Thanks for your help!

Quote Originally Posted by ANTJRS View Post
    Our apartment is around 590 and its two bedroom. Its a nice neighborhood, but its only two bedroom. What type of area are you looking for? Would you like to live closer to a city or a little more of a rural area?
    If you have any questions let me know! I've lived in the area all my life, and will be experiencing my first pcs this summer! I'm jealous of you! I LOVE LOVE LOVE this area, I will miss WA
  7. Senior Member
    Blog Entries
    I would go for Puyallup more than Lakewood. Puyallup is a nice area and you can get right on the freeway to head towards base Its maybe 15- 20 min depending on where in Puyallup you end up
  8. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    There is Lakewood, Puyallup, University Place, Tacoma, Fircrest, Dupont, Olympia, Spanaway in the immediate area. If you dont mind living 30-40 minutes from base Federal Way is up north. If you need any specific suggestions feel free to message me, I was born and raised in Tacoma and I still live here with DH until our PCS in January. Its a great area out here you'll completely enjoy it! Good Luck!
  9. Senior Member
    There is also Lacey and Tumwater. Tumwater is where we live and from here to the flight line is a 22 minute drive (less than 20 to the Main gate). If you don't mind a little longer commute to the freeway, you can go out East gate (the back side of the base) and find some nice places in Yelm as well.

We have thought if we were to chose now, we would probably look in Dupont since it is a closer drive.
    http://militarysos.com/forum/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=8121&dateline=1213248817 TAKEN AT NISQUALLY WILDLIFE PRESERVE