Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

Thread: PCS without DH...per diem question

1. Account Closed
    Account Closed

PCS without DH...per diem question

Advertisements
    I know that I read somewhere on one of the DOD websites that if you are PCSing without your sponsor you are entitled to the service member per diem rate. DH just filled out all of the paper work for our travel allowances and they told him that they have never heard if that.

Does anyone know if this is accurate? Does anyone know where I can find info on this so that he can show them?

Thanks in advanced!
  2. Senior Member
    Sorry I have never heard that either.
  3. Senior Member
    Do you mean section U5210 of the JFTR?

C. Dependent Travels Independently. A dependent is not ‘accompanying the member’ when the dependent travels separately from a member on different routes and/or at different times. The member is authorized per diem for this dependent as follows:
    1. One Dependent Traveling Separately. The same per diem rate the member would have been authorized for travel.
    2. Two or More Dependents Traveling Separately. When two or more dependents travel together separate from a member, the member is authorized per diem for one member-designated dependent, age 12 or older, in an amount equal to the per diem to which the member would have been authorized for personal travel. For each of the other dependents, age 12 or older, traveling with that dependent, the member is authorized per diem in an amount of three-fourths of the per diem to which the member would have been authorized for personal travel. For each dependent under age 12, the per diem is one half of the per diem to which the member would have been authorized.
  4. Banned
    Banned
    you are correct- you will get the 116 per day if traveling at seperate times- it does not mean traveling in different cars on the same days
  5. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    Thank you so much! I knew that I had read that somewhere. We are traveling weeks apart so I definitely think this applies to us.
  6. Banned
    Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by BeachBum View Post
    Thank you so much! I knew that I had read that somewhere. We are traveling weeks apart so I definitely think this applies to us.
    yes, this will apply to you!!