Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

Thread: PCS information,need help!!

1. Mrs. Smith
    Mrs. Smith
    Blog Entries

PCS information,need help!!

Advertisements
    I need help looking for an information about moving with my DH. My DH have been stationed in korea for a year and just now that he receive his new base in Oklahoma. what does he and i need to do to process the PCS? How long is the wait for the PCS orders and will we be coming with him right away when he moves in oklahoma or do we have to wait? His been gone for a year and we miss him so much please help!
    Truelly i am inlove with you and i miss you every moment of my life!!
  2. Senior Member
    Once he gets his orders if you are on them than he should be sent to where you are. He needs to set up a tmo move to get your household stuff over there. But for you to move there you don't really need to be on his orders, but if you want the military to move all your stuff you do.

Basically you have to sit tight til his hard copies come down and that is when he will start doing stuff. He should know what he needs to do as it is the same as when he pcs'ed to Korea, just now with dependents.
  3. Senior Member
    Blog Entries
    hey. i live in oklahoma
  4. Mrs. Smith
    Mrs. Smith
    Blog Entries
    thank you, that really helps since im really new with this moving stuff. Im kind of scared since i don't know anyone in oklahoma and i have two kids to start over with their schools, activities,and friends. I have heard so much about spouses waiting for a long time to get move as well. So I really want to start with processing everything before August, so we can get a head of time but now i know that he needs to have his hard copy first. So by them sending him where i am, they will give him a vacation time to take care of everything?

Hello KMJM 5!! How do you like Oklahoma? I heard theres a lot of tornadoes and hurricanes over there. We live in Washington, so we get yakky weather but not bad at all.
  5. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by smith View Post
    thank you, that really helps since im really new with this moving stuff. Im kind of scared since i don't know anyone in oklahoma and i have two kids to start over with their schools, activities,and friends. I have heard so much about spouses waiting for a long time to get move as well. So I really want to start with processing everything before August, so we can get a head of time but now i know that he needs to have his hard copy first. So by them sending him where i am, they will give him a vacation time to take care of everything?
    He should (key word there) get time to come where you are to set up household move providing you are on his orders. I personally say don't worry about the kids and school. Generally they all do well with that. Will have friends probably quicker than you will. Just make sure you get on their soon to be school district website and find out what all you will need to enroll them in that district. Calling might help as well.

Generally when you hear about it taking a while for spouses to join their sponsor it is when they are waiting to be command sponsored for an overseas move.
  6. Mrs. Smith
    Mrs. Smith
    Blog Entries

Confused kids school (tinker air base) oklahoma

Hello everyone,

I am moving to tinker airforce base in Oklahoma and I would like to know if anyones kids are going to jarman middle school? My son is having a hard time with relocating and leaving his friends behind which is understandable. I felt really bad, so i would like to make it a little easier for him to make friends since he is not use to being move. Also, we don't know if we are getting there on August or September and i would like to know if there is any special rgistration adjustment that we can do if we cant register him on time since we live all the way in Washington States. I am very new about being a millitary wife and I know that a lot of family deals with re-locating and I would like to know how they register their kids in school if they cant make it on time?
  7. Senior Member
    Sorry don't live there, but if you are are getting there after school starts all you will need to do is go into the school (with whatever documents they say they need) and register. If it is a school that military kids go to, they are use to late registrations.
  8. Mrs. Smith
    Mrs. Smith
    Blog Entries

PCS to Oklahoma! (very excited and very worried!!)

after a long year of waiting for my DH to get station in U.S, they finally gave us a break. Although he is getting station in Oklahoma, we can all finally move together and be with each other again. Since he is coming home from over the sea, I really hope that they wount mest up his papers for him to get back in U.S. I also hope that the PCS will get granted very quick. I worried about getting my kids registering for school on time. This will affect us so much if we cant register the kids on time. This means that we cant move with my DH! Anyone know what the school regulation regarding registration for new students with the family in the millitary?
    Last edited by smith; 05-17-2010 at 10:24 PM. Reason: wrong spelling
  9. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by smith View Post
    after a long year of waiting for my DH to get station in U.S, they finally gave us a break. Although he is getting station in Oklahoma, we can all finally move together and be with each other again. Since he is coming home from over the sea, I really hope that they wount mest up his papers for him to get back in U.S. I also hope that the PCS will get granted very quick. I worried about getting my kids registering for school on time. This will affect us so much if we cant register the kids on time. This means that we cant move with my DH! Anyone know what the school regulation regarding registration for new students with the family in the millitary?
    Again, every school district is different in regards to what they require. I would guess to say all schools will take transfers and/or late registration after the school year has started. But if it is a school that deals with children who are from military families than most certainly they do.

If his return and report no later than date is anything like when my husband came home from Korea, than there should be about a month maybe two between his return and when he has to be there.

If his report date isn't until after school starts (in either state) it does not mean you can't move. It means that either you choose to not move OR you start the school year at one school, withdraw when it is time and register and start at the new school when you get there. It is done over and over and over again by thousands of kids yearly.

Just take a deep breath and relax. School isn't even out yet to worry about the next school year.