Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: is anyone at Kadena in Japan??

1. Regular Member

is anyone at Kadena in Japan??

Advertisements
    help i have tons of questions. any and all info you can give me about japan would be great we are moving there in July!!!
  2. Your friendly neighborhood gun totin' mama!
    Your friendly neighborhood gun totin' mama!
    Ive got no info, but congrats!! DB did a trip out there last summer and loved it. *totally jealous!!*
    Women are not the weak, frail little flowers that they are advertised. There has never been anything invented yet, including war, that a man would enter into, that a woman wouldn't, too. --Will Rogers

Sometimes damaged goods are more valuable because of their unique qualities.

FOLLOW OPSEC PLEASE!!!!!
  3. Just your everyday, laidback Aussie Girl
    Just your everyday, laidback Aussie Girl

I PCS'd from there 2 yrs ago (and soo miss it), PM me anytime

4. Regular Member
    Last edited by mrsbabymaker; 05-13-2010 at 09:16 PM.
  5. Senior Member
    I don't live on Kadena, but I live in Okinawa.
    I love this website okinawa hai! has so many ideas of things that you can do or Okinawa bookoo - yard sales and classifieds in Okinawa, Japan
  6. Regular Member

questions..

wow soo how is it over there? how shocking was the culture shock, how long til you were adjusted to japan? what cell phone coverage do you have will verizon still work? what health screening did you have to go threw? hows the food and culture? did you guys learn some japanese?
  7. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by lindaaf View Post
    wow soo how is it over there? how shocking was the culture shock, how long til you were adjusted to japan? what cell phone coverage do you have will verizon still work? what health screening did you have to go threw? hows the food and culture? did you guys learn some japanese?
    I've been living here only four months, so I'm still getting use to it. Its really cool living here, we try to go out and do something new every weekend, keeps you busy.
    Cancel your phone through verizon, they have a cell phone company on base called softbank. We're paying 300 a month for it, which I do think is way too much so I'm going to have the hubby talk to them about that.
    The food is awesome, I haven't really had anything I haven't liked.
    Health screenings for me I didn't have any shots just paperwork through the doctor and dentist saying I was healthy. Other people I know have had to have shots to come out here, I think it depends on the doctor.
  8. Just your everyday, laidback Aussie Girl
    Just your everyday, laidback Aussie Girl

Quote Originally Posted by lindaaf View Post
    I loved it there and would go back any day. I know some people that had actually never left Kadena except to go to the airport so they never experienced any of the culture. DH and I loved going on drives around the island, checking out the different Malls, markets, Hiji Falls, Okuma. There really is soo much to do, and you have to get out to experience anything.
    Driving is the other side of the road and car. You could up your verison coverage to worldwide, but it is cheaper to get a phone over there.
    You will need to go through an EFMP health screening, but so long as nothing is wrong you will be fine
    Foods, mmmmm. We used to check out the Sushi bars, cocos curry and there is a little resturant outside gate 3 (I think is the right gate), that has a fish on the top, OGM it was good. On Kadena AFB, there is BK, Popeyes, Pizza Hut, Charlies, Robin Hood, A&W, Manchu Wok, baskin Robins, Starbucks (although the one near Jusco is pretty good), Dunkin Donuts and more. The Rocker and Banyan Tree are pretty good too and Banyon Tree delivers. The Rocker has drive by dinners on Thursdays. So Kadena is kinda like a little town by its self and Foster is only like 10 mins away.
    I actually studied Japanese at school for 6 yrs (and forgot most of it). If you go offbase, the majority of the Okinawans will speek English or you will have some idea what they are saying to you. The Okinawans onbase are usually all pretty friendly and I believe have to know a certain amonut of English to be able to work onbase.

9. Regular Member

how much do you guys get paid in japan?

hey girls can you girls give me an idea of how much we will be getting paid in Kadena on on base house. i tried looking it up and it doesn't make sense. it said 1706 for base and 630 a month for Colas. is that all what we would get paid living overseas on base in Japan? it less than what we are getting paid now. it would be, base pay, cola and anything else. like BAS? thank you soo much.. we are just trying to figure out our budget and get an idea.
  10. Regular Member

pscing to japan

how much time did the air force give you to complete all the necessary steps ( visas, physicals etc etc.) before you had to psc to japan? i'm worried that we will have to report in july which will give us under a month to complete everything. i don't think that enough reasonable time to get everything done. this is our first pcs and it happens to be overseas. thank you? what has been your experience. my husband will be donw with tech school in 4 wks.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast