Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

Thread: ok...will the Air Force pay for our rental car??

1. Fresh Newbie
    Fresh Newbie

Nutts ok...will the Air Force pay for our rental car??

Advertisements
    We are at Minot Air Force base. We are PCSing to Raf Lakenheath in June...We have to ship our car from St. Louis...Then, we will be taking a few weeks of leave in PA. They have us flying out of JFK??? Now what?? How do we get from ND to PA then to NY without our car?? Does the military pay for a rental car or what?? This whole process is getting soooo frustrating...Nobody has answered any of these questions!! We still have NO hard copies...they should be here by Wed (but they told us last week they'd be here by Friday of last week...)

I just want to get to the UK and get this over with...lol...I'm so excited to PCS to the UK, but I'm having trouble relaxing and going with the flow...It seems like nothing is getting done....HELP!!!
  2. Today was a Fairytale
    Today was a Fairytale
    Hey!! I don't know the answer to your question I'm afraid....but YAY for coming to Lakenheath!!
  3. Senior Member

The military will pay for your flight from St. Louis to JFK. When we did this...we vacationed first so we would have our car and then flew from St. Louis to England. I think you can also check to see if there are any ports near PA that you can use.
  4. Senior Member
    What decks said. If you go to PA from St Louis, how you get there and than to JFK is on you. But they will pay to fly you (or they should at least) from St. Louis to JFK.

I am surprised they picked St. Louis as your shipping port.
  5. Banned
    Banned
    no they will not pay for a rental car. you will need to see if they will change your departure location-
  6. Fresh Newbie
    Fresh Newbie
    Thanks ladies!!
  7. Senior Member
    Blog Entries
    Maybe it's an army thing, but DB has to be approved in his orders first to be able to use his gov. credit card for stuff like that, otherwise its on him.
  8. You are here.
    You are here.
    Quote Originally Posted by graciegirl07 View Post
    Maybe it's an army thing, but DB has to be approved in his orders first to be able to use his gov. credit card for stuff like that, otherwise its on him.
    she never mentioned using the gov. credit card but no thats for official stuff, like traveling on deployments or for schools.
  9. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Frybread View Post
    she never mentioned using the gov. credit card but no thats for official stuff, like traveling on deployments or for schools.
    I have heard of people using it for rentals when they are pcsing, but I think that repaying it was out of the military member's pocket instead out of military's pocket.
  10. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel
    They wll not pay for rental cars. They are not on your orders, they will not pay for it.

As for the government card...you can use it if you are on orders. That is what it is there for. Only for your PCS though. Not for personal things. If you do put a rental car on the government card, (we did this and its ok because you are in pcs) you have to rememburse it right away. When we got to Ramstein, I sent a check to the government card that next day. What we used, (rental car, pet airline tickets, hotel room), it was paid then.
    "Obstinacy is a fault of temperament. Stubbornness and Intolerance of contradiction result from a special kind of Egotism, which elevates above everything else the pleasure of its own autonomous intellect, to which others must bow.: Carl von Clausewitz