Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Need Help

1. Regular Member

Need Help

Advertisements
    *snip*
    Last edited by sbrew; 01-14-2011 at 08:46 AM.
  2. Senior Member
    It is true a lot of times they have a certain amount of time to get from one duty station to the next and it be on the military's dime.

Why would he not want to come where you and his child is? You need to talk to HIM about it and not just make assumptions about what he is thinking or feels.
  3. Banned
    Banned
    it may be true that they will only pay for him to go from Japan to GA- if you did not do an ERD the orders will have been written for all of you to go from Japan to GA.

if you have an ERD- they are being jerks and not allowing him to move his family - but they still can tell him he has to to from japan to GA.
  4. Senior Member
    I agree. The military's plans change day by day. When DH was heading to a new base for training, he called me and said he could come home for "x" amount of time. He bought a plane ticket and packed his bag to leave the next day. A couple hours later, he called back and said he wasn't coming home, training was at a DIFFERENT base! So we had to cancel plane ticket and he was on a flight to a new base the next day.
    Moral of the story, don't count on plans until they've actually happened
    Talk with your hubby. You'll be at your new base with DH before you know it.
  5. Feelin' fly like a Cheesestick
    Feelin' fly like a Cheesestick
    I have no idea but I just wanted to say I love your siggy... and your daughter is adorable!
    Beth, Mama to Emmalee (12), Evan (9), and Ella (4 on May 7) (I really REALLY need to update my picture!)
  6. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by sbrew View Post
    Tonight he calls me and takes all that back, now he says no, they are flying him straight to GA and they'll fly me and DD to GA, but they won't let him stop here first.
    yes, it makes sense that they will fly him from Japan to GA. It doesn't make sense that they will fly you and your DD from CA to GA. Normally, the military does not fly you within CONUS on a PCS.

He might be able to get his orders to include circuitous travel, which would allow a stop in CA.
  7. You are here.
    You are here.
    Quote Originally Posted by gunsgirl View Post
    it may be true that they will only pay for him to go from Japan to GA- if you did not do an ERD the orders will have been written for all of you to go from Japan to GA.

if you have an ERD- they are being jerks and not allowing him to move his family - but they still can tell him he has to to from japan to GA.
    I agree....they may just be flying him straight to his new duty station....i've heard of it.
  8. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by BethM View Post
    I have no idea but I just wanted to say I love your siggy... and your daughter is adorable!

hahah
  9. Senior Member
    Blog Entries
    i don;t know about any of this bit i just wanted to say that your daugher is SOOOOO ADORABLE!
  10. Just your everyday, laidback Aussie Girl
    Just your everyday, laidback Aussie Girl

When we PCS'd here from Japan, DH took leave in route and we were able to go back to his home of record. They told us we had to schedual our flights from his HOR to this base when we got there, but we ended up driving and everything was covered. If Cali is his HOR, he could check into taking LIR and doing it like that and being able to travel with you

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast