Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

Thread: Relocating to Barksdale...

1. Regular Member

Relocating to Barksdale...

Advertisements
    We currently are in seperate states, he got orders to Barksdale and I'm coming with him! I'm excited yet very nervous....I've heard the Shreveport area can be a little rough. If anyone on here is also stationed there let me know. We'll be there in July, neither of us will know anyone! I look forward to hopefully meeting some new friends
  2. Senior Member
    I personally have never been to Barksdale, but I have not heard great things. I hope you enjoy it though.
  3. Regular Member
    Yeah, I've heard good and bad. We're going to live off base, not sure if that's good or bad....I've never lived on a base so I can't really compare it. A little less than two months till we're there!!
  4. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel

My brother lives in Shreveport.. no millitary background though.. and he enjoys it there. Been there since August. Driving through to see him I thought it was a little rough but every town has rough patches =]
  5. Senior Member
    We PCS in one week to Barksdale but went over for a visit two weeks ago. I had your same reservations about the area, but I was pleasantly surprised. In Bossier I felt completely safe and everything was as clean as around any other base I've been to.... we found a great house that is fairly new and close to base to rent. The wait to get housing is over a year for us so we just rented. The food was fab! We went on base to drive around and it's very historical and looks really nice with lots to do. We didn't venture into Shreveport, but in Bossier, you can't throw a rock without hitting a policeman. I think we are actually going to enjoy our time there.
  6. Regular Member
    That is great to hear! We don't know if he's getting any time off to go look around for places so we've done our searching online, we've settled on a complex we love and we'll find out in a few weeks if they'll have something available. I've lived in Louisiana before, further south and yes I agree the food is amazing, oh how I've missed it!
  7. Banned
    Banned
    Blog Entries

Jump for Joy Hey there!!

Quote Originally Posted by southernbelle View Post
    We currently are in seperate states, he got orders to Barksdale and I'm coming with him! I'm excited yet very nervous....I've heard the Shreveport area can be a little rough. If anyone on here is also stationed there let me know. We'll be there in July, neither of us will know anyone! I look forward to hopefully meeting some new friends
    Hey there! My boyfriend is in the Air Force and works at Barksdale AFB...I know NOBODY here really. I am looking to meet some new people and NEED some women to hang out with....I am going crazyyyyy!
  8. Senior Member
    We just left there in May after 4 years. And after being there then coming here i MISS IT!! although i don't miss my husband working ALOT and never having a day off.. that I don't miss

9. Fresh Newbie
    Fresh Newbie
    Wait... A year wait!?! Omg.... It's just me and my husband and a year wait?! What happens if we dont want to live off base?
  10. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel

Closed thread.

GracieHolmes please check the dates of the threads before you post in it.