Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 15

Thread: EFMP screening - Pap smear?

  1. Old Newbie
    elisamlw's Avatar
    elisamlw is offline
    Old Newbie
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Ft. Bliss, TX
    Posts
    25
    #1

    EFMP screening - Pap smear?

    Advertisements
    Is it required that I bring my pap smear results to my EFMP screening? I have heard many conflicting things, and even the person who scheduled my appt. didn't know. ugh.
  2. Regular Member
    daisyandholly's Avatar
    daisyandholly is offline
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    43
    #2
    I would just love to know anything about this efmp screening! We are relocating to germany july 10th. Friday is my efmp appt. If I find anything out ill let ya know!
  3. Senior Member
    lacy+chk's Avatar
    lacy+chk is offline
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Tree Frog: WI/Moo Cow: MCB Quantico
    Posts
    9,749
    #3
    Soooo, funny story. I was told that I had to schedule a "physical" with my primary care person to get the EFMP forms filled out. Well, I did that, and they scheduled me for a pap smear. I got in there and I was like "HELL NO". I had just had one and I wasn't about to do that for another year. NO WAY. Haha...plus it was a male doctor and I just don't do that. So they were like, well, you requested a physical and this is what that is for women, and I said no, I just need this stupid form filled out. But the MD was really cool and said no problem and the end.

    Long story short, no, you don't need those results for EFMP unless they somehow relate to why you need to be enrolled in the first place. I have epilepsy, so pap smear doesn't really relate. KWIM?

    "The Lord is my light and my salvation; whom shall I fear? The Lord is the strength of my life; of whom shall I be afraid?" ~ Psalm 27:1
    Quote Originally Posted by MamaStrong View Post
    at first I was like , then I was like when I saw how messed up the page it looked so then I was like *click*, *enter*, *click*, *enter*,
  4. Katie
    his807's Avatar
    his807 is offline
    Katie
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    AIT-- Fort Knox, soon to be Baumholder Germany
    Posts
    55
    #4
    EFMP, is just answering a bunch of questions by any doctor. I went to a doctor i had never been to before. They mark that your healthy (if you are) and then sign off on it. Basically "care not warranted". If you do need care, then it will be marked on the paper work and sent to the new duty station to make sure they can assist you with your needs. (Handicap accessible, treatment of asthma, etc)

    Hope this helps! Just got done with mine a month ago! What a pain.. lol. Good luck!
    I am in love with an Amazing Soldier!

  5. You are here.
    Frybread's Avatar
    Frybread is offline
    You are here.
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    23,977
    #5
    Quote Originally Posted by his807 View Post
    EFMP, is just answering a bunch of questions by any doctor. I went to a doctor i had never been to before. They mark that your healthy (if you are) and then sign off on it. Basically "care not warranted". If you do need care, then it will be marked on the paper work and sent to the new duty station to make sure they can assist you with your needs. (Handicap accessible, treatment of asthma, etc)

    Hope this helps! Just got done with mine a month ago! What a pain.. lol. Good luck!
    Ditto

    OP, I'd take it just in case...you're going overseas right?
  6. Senior Member
    Southern-queen's Avatar
    Southern-queen is offline
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    35,924
    #6
    Quote Originally Posted by lacy+chk View Post
    Soooo, funny story. I was told that I had to schedule a "physical" with my primary care person to get the EFMP forms filled out. Well, I did that, and they scheduled me for a pap smear. I got in there and I was like "HELL NO". I had just had one and I wasn't about to do that for another year. NO WAY. Haha...plus it was a male doctor and I just don't do that. So they were like, well, you requested a physical and this is what that is for women, and I said no, I just need this stupid form filled out. But the MD was really cool and said no problem and the end.

    Long story short, no, you don't need those results for EFMP unless they somehow relate to why you need to be enrolled in the first place. I have epilepsy, so pap smear doesn't really relate. KWIM?
    Actually they do check that so you will need current pap smear test results.

    The overseas screenings is to ensure the accepting base can care for your health. That includes female health issues.

    When we pcs'ed to Alaska they checked my most resent pap was good.
  7. MilitarySOS Jewel
    DakotaCowgirl's Avatar
    DakotaCowgirl is offline
    MilitarySOS Jewel
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Home is where our feet land
    Posts
    12,453
    #7
    Same as above. If you refuse, they can refuse your orders. You will be rejected command sponsor ship. Depends if they want to be a jerk or not.

    They also make sure that the next hospital will be able to care for the people. If someone has a condition that needs special attention, they have to make sure the hospital can take care of.

    They seriously questioned my youngest ear infections. He had two in a month.
    "Obstinacy is a fault of temperament. Stubbornness and Intolerance of contradiction result from a special kind of Egotism, which elevates above everything else the pleasure of its own autonomous intellect, to which others must bow.: Carl von Clausewitz
  8. Old Newbie
    elisamlw's Avatar
    elisamlw is offline
    Old Newbie
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Ft. Bliss, TX
    Posts
    25
    #8
    All my paperwork will be sent through Ft. Knox.. I called the EFMP lady this morning and she said that I do not need to take my pap smear results to my appt. tomorrow at Rock Island. Just said to take a copy of my physical results (I got a run-of-the-mill physical for work about a month ago).

    Thanks ladies!
  9. Senior Member
    lacy+chk's Avatar
    lacy+chk is offline
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Tree Frog: WI/Moo Cow: MCB Quantico
    Posts
    9,749
    #9
    Quote Originally Posted by Southern-momma View Post
    Actually they do check that so you will need current pap smear test results.

    The overseas screenings is to ensure the accepting base can care for your health. That includes female health issues.

    When we pcs'ed to Alaska they checked my most resent pap was good.
    I didn't know the question was referring to an overseas move. Mine did not require it, and DH is out, so for me it's irrelevant, thanks though.

    "The Lord is my light and my salvation; whom shall I fear? The Lord is the strength of my life; of whom shall I be afraid?" ~ Psalm 27:1
    Quote Originally Posted by MamaStrong View Post
    at first I was like , then I was like when I saw how messed up the page it looked so then I was like *click*, *enter*, *click*, *enter*,
  10. Senior Member
    Southern-queen's Avatar
    Southern-queen is offline
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    35,924
    #10
    Maybe it is different at different hospitals or even for the different branches.

    I was answering based on my experience for moving to Alaska which is the only time I have had to do screenings. I will admit perhaps I misunderstood the reason for the screenings and if so than my info is irrelevant. If that is the case OP I am sorry.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •