Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

Thread: Change of Address Question

1. Account Closed
    Account Closed

Change of Address Question

Advertisements
    Where do you forward your mail to when you PCS? We will most likely be in a hotel or something temporary while we wait for housing. Can you set up a P.O.Box long distance? TIA
  2. Member
    Our sponsor set us up with a temporary address, basically it will just be held at the Post Office at our new base.
  3. Put the alphabet in order...
    Put the alphabet in order...
    You can put your mail on hold at your current post office, and then put a change of address and release the hold after you get to your next duty station. All of my bills are e-bills so really, the only thing getting held is magazines and junk mail.
  4. Senior Member
    You can also do general delivery to the base. At least with AF bases (and I am sure all branches have them) the base post office has a little office type spot where the dorm dwellers get their packages etc and than it is where the general delivery mail goes. All mail that comes for a certain person gen. delivery goes into a pile for them and they hold it til it is picked up. That is what DH and I do every move.

It is really easy just get the change of address forms from any post office, find out the postal code for the base you are moving to and just do an address change to gen delivery. Than when you get your housing, do another address change from gen. delivery to your new address.
  5. Just your everyday, laidback Aussie Girl
    Just your everyday, laidback Aussie Girl

Quote Originally Posted by *tina* View Post
    You can put your mail on hold at your current post office, and then put a change of address and release the hold after you get to your next duty station. All of my bills are e-bills so really, the only thing getting held is magazines and junk mail.
    That's what we do

6. Happy wife...happy life!
    Happy wife...happy life!
    We like to put our mail on hold. It's much easier, and nobody else will receive our business....
  7. wherever i am, you'll always be.
    wherever i am, you'll always be.
    We got our PO box from our sponsor before we left our last duty station. It's the same one we use now. You can also fill out a change of address form on the usps website!