Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: No-fee passport.. conflicting info

1. Old Newbie
    Old Newbie

No-fee passport.. conflicting info

Advertisements
    Hi ladies,

I've been hearing conflicting things about having a no-fee for going CS'd to Korea. I've heard that the rule has changed and I can go there on my tourist passport, which I already have.

Any info?

TIA!
  2. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel
    You will be issued a no-fee passport to travel with over there. YOu can only use them to go to and from country. You will need your travel passport to do any personal traveling.

When we came here, we had to have both.
    "Obstinacy is a fault of temperament. Stubbornness and Intolerance of contradiction result from a special kind of Egotism, which elevates above everything else the pleasure of its own autonomous intellect, to which others must bow.: Carl von Clausewitz
  3. Katie
    Katie
    AIT-- Fort Knox, soon to be Baumholder Germany
    All you need to do is apply for the no fee passport. I am getting ready to PCS with my husband in 3 and a half weeks to Germany, and I do not have my no fee passport yet, but I have applied and have let Fort Knox (where my hubby is doing AIT) no about that and I have been cleared to leave with my husband. My no fee passport will go to Germany where I can pick it up at the passport office. Just call the base you are at now and ask them about it. I'm pretty sure that as long as you have the tourist passport and the form for the no fee passport signed by someone at the passport office, you will be able to leave with your hubby Hope that helped
    I am in love with an Amazing Soldier!

4. Old Newbie
    Old Newbie
    That does help, ladies, but what I am asking about specifically is that I heard on another forum that the rule changed so that I wouldn't need the no-fee for going to Korea.
  5. Just your everyday, laidback Aussie Girl
    Just your everyday, laidback Aussie Girl

Quote Originally Posted by elisamlw View Post
    That does help, ladies, but what I am asking about specifically is that I heard on another forum that the rule changed so that I wouldn't need the no-fee for going to Korea.
    The rule used to be that you could travel on one or the other (I went to Japan on my tourist and just got SOFA stamp in it). NOW if you are CS's you do need a no-fee (from what I have heard), it is instead of the SOFA stamp now.

6. Katie
    Katie
    AIT-- Fort Knox, soon to be Baumholder Germany
    O sorry lol As far as I know, yes you have to have both.
    I am in love with an Amazing Soldier!

7. Old Newbie
    Old Newbie
    Quote Originally Posted by SandyKay View Post
    The rule used to be that you could travel on one or the other (I went to Japan on my tourist and just got SOFA stamp in it). NOW if you are CS's you do need a no-fee (from what I have heard), it is instead of the SOFA stamp now.
    Thank you!!
  8. Senior Member
    You NEED to have the no fee one. It works as your visa allowing you to live in the country. The tourist one yes will get you in the country (and you will need it if you plan to travel) BUT it only allows you to stay in the country as a tourist traveler not someone with permission to live there.
  9. Senior Member

It said in my husband's orders to Korea that we had to have no-fee passports so we got them.
  10. Senior Member
    Southern-momma is correct. The regular visa allows you to travel within various countries but will only allow you to stay for up to 90 days.
    The no fee passport allows you to stay/live in the country of the base you are assigned to for the length of that assignment but is not allowed to be used for traveling.
    http://militarysos.com/forum/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=8121&dateline=1213248817 TAKEN AT NISQUALLY WILDLIFE PRESERVE
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast