Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

Thread: On or Off Post

1. Fresh Newbie
    Fresh Newbie

On or Off Post

Advertisements
    I am getting married in May and will be moving to Ft Carson sometime in July. How do I find out if my husband to be and I qualify to live off post. Feel free to email me
  2. Just your everyday, laidback Aussie Girl
    Just your everyday, laidback Aussie Girl

depending on his command and rank, he may have to live in onbase housing. Most bases though, you will have a choice, unless there is no onbase housing available in which you will have to find housing offbase. I personally prefer onbase, but I know others prefer off.

3. Fresh Newbie
    Fresh Newbie
    Why would you recommend on base? and how do i find out if we can live off base...who do we need to ask?
  4. Just your everyday, laidback Aussie Girl
    Just your everyday, laidback Aussie Girl

he will need to contact housing at his new base to find out if he can live offbase. I prefer onbase as when my husband deploys or is tdy, I have that extra sense of security onbase, also you are around people who understand the military life and what you are going through. I also find it easier to make new friends living onbase.

5. Mom with Messy House and Happy Kids!!
    Mom with Messy House and Happy Kids!!
    Quote Originally Posted by SandyKay View Post
    I prefer onbase as when my husband deploys or is tdy, I have that extra sense of security onbase, also you are around people who understand the military life and what you are going through. I also find it easier to make new friends living onbase.
    I completely agree!! We cant live onpost with this PCS and I really wish we could!! I like having everything I need in one central location never having to leave unless I want to.