Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

Thread: EFMP and NF

1. Regular Member

EFMP and NF

Advertisements
    Hi Everyone!

Brief synopsis...im 24, married to my husband who is finishing up Air Force BMT next week.

I know I am a little ahead of the game; however, it never hurts to ask..

This is another EFMP question. I have Neurofibromatosis (NF) and I'm guessing that would make me an Exceptional Family Member? (if I think I got that right). I haven't even made my first appointment with the nearby base yet but I was wondering that when I do should make a mention to see an EFMP rep?

Should I gather my medical records before hand? In all honesty, I don't have much inspite the condition. I haven't been affected by it since I was 7 (I'm lucky, my case is very mild). I was reccommended to have annual MRI's and unless I have a tumor that gives me any pain, I don't really have a need for any follow up.

I'm sorry if this post is all over the place...im so lost and new at this.
  2. Senior Member
    Hello! I was a member of EFMP, but DH is now out. There is a form you can download online, and then you have to see your primary care doc to have it filled out. Then you can call and set up an appointment to meet with the EFMP coordinator where you're at. It wasn't much to do, she basically just said "you're enrolled, so let us know if he gets PCS'ed or you need any special accommodations for living on base" (we lived off). They explain more about the program, and that's it!

I have epilepsy, so I was the same as you...nothing too serious, but DH got a little bit of leeway when i was in the hospital for some testing.

"The Lord is my light and my salvation; whom shall I fear? The Lord is the strength of my life; of whom shall I be afraid?" ~ Psalm 27:1
    Quote Originally Posted by MamaStrong View Post
    at first I was like , then I was like when I saw how messed up the page it looked so then I was like *click*, *enter*, *click*, *enter*,
  3. Just your everyday, laidback Aussie Girl
    Just your everyday, laidback Aussie Girl

First welcome, please introduce yourself in the newbies section and read the stickies.

When you call to make an appointment, just say that you would like an appt with the EFMP co-ordniator or if they can tell you who to contact. It would be helpful to them if you have copies of your med records,or at least your latest review for your condition.

4. You are here.
    You are here.
    Quote Originally Posted by SandyKay View Post
    First welcome, please introduce yourself in the newbies section and read the stickies.

When you call to make an appointment, just say that you would like an appt with the EFMP co-ordniator or if they can tell you who to contact. It would be helpful to them if you have copies of your med records,or at least your latest review for your condition.
    Quote Originally Posted by lacy+chk View Post
    Hello! I was a member of EFMP, but DH is now out. There is a form you can download online, and then you have to see your primary care doc to have it filled out. Then you can call and set up an appointment to meet with the EFMP coordinator where you're at. It wasn't much to do, she basically just said "you're enrolled, so let us know if he gets PCS'ed or you need any special accommodations for living on base" (we lived off). They explain more about the program, and that's it!

I have epilepsy, so I was the same as you...nothing too serious, but DH got a little bit of leeway when i was in the hospital for some testing.
    Yep....the paperwork is pretty easy to manuever around, you just need to fill out the first three pages, and the doc does the rest.