Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Military housing without being on orders????

1. Regular Member

Shock Military housing without being on orders????

Advertisements
    If I move to be with my husband in Germany would I be able to get military housing even though I am not on his orders?? I was just wondering if anyone knew. I am going there but I don't know anything about housing/who to talk to/schools/employment, etc etc.

I am not on his orders because he was stationed there before we were married. I'm buying my own ticket which I've been told is required as I was not on the orders; However, I didn't know whether or not I would still be eligible for housing and the welcome center stuff and transportation at the Frankfurt airport.

Thanks so much!
  2. You are here.
    You are here.
    i think you have to be command sponsored to get housing. Can he get his orders amended?
  3. Happy wife...happy life!
    Happy wife...happy life!
    Quote Originally Posted by Frybread View Post
    i think you have to be command sponsored to get housing. Can he get his orders amended?
    ditto
  4. Regular Member
    How do we do that with him being in Iraq?? Is that possible since we were married so long after the original orders were issued? I mean I'm going one way or the other...even if I have to find housing off base, which I'll need help with. Do you think there is someone on base that will help me??
  5. Mrs.Bailey
    Mrs.Bailey
    I was not on DH's original orders, but since we are married, all he had to do was go to finance and housing and voila.. we got a house! ... Not sure how different it is in Germany but once you are married you are a legal dependant and as such you get dependancy benefits.. like base housing!
  6. Mrs.Bailey
    Mrs.Bailey
    Also... I don't know what branch your DH is in, but in the AF they have the Family Readiness Center on ever base that you can call and they will help you with EVERYTHING. Look into that!
  7. Regular Member
    We are Army. He's in Iraq right now, so i'm not certain how simple all this could be ...or how difficult it could become. We receive BAH already, but I'm not living on base at the moment and wasn't planning to move until we got orders for his upcoming PCS. Which isn't until Feb. Plans changed and I need to go to Germany ASAP, so now i'm flipping out because my flight leaves in about 32 days and I don't know what I'm doing.
  8. Mrs.Bailey
    Mrs.Bailey
    It will all be OK! If you are recieving BAH then at least you are getting the finances ... which means even if you cannot get on base you can find an apartment off base. I would start looking right now for places to stay near base, contact them about applications and such... but also find out the base housing phone numbers and let them help you.
  9. Regular Member
    I LOVE MSOS!!!! I would be so lost and anxious without my girls!
  10. You are here.
    You are here.
    Quote Originally Posted by KateBailey32209 View Post
    I was not on DH's original orders, but since we are married, all he had to do was go to finance and housing and voila.. we got a house! ... Not sure how different it is in Germany but once you are married you are a legal dependant and as such you get dependancy benefits.. like base housing!
    Uh, aren't you stateside? Have you ever done an overseas stint with your SO? I would hate for her to get her hopes up with your advice and it not be right.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast