Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Pleeeeease help! lol

1. Regular Member

Help Pleeeeease help! lol

Advertisements
    I've noticed a couple of sites recommend having food and drinks for the movers, but what kinds would be ideal? Tea and cokes and some kind of sub sandwich or something? Seems like it could be a hit and miss type thing as some people are pickier and stuff. Any ideas?

Also, I'm having the devil of a time trying to decide what to put in our Unaccompanied Baggage shipment. Should I send most of our kitchen stuff and bedroom/bathroom stuff or like cut it all in half and send half, keep half? DH and I are very much attached to our computers; would it be better to keep them with us and check them or go ahead and ship them with the UBshipment? Someone, anyone...help!
  2. I'm an enlisted 6-star General, Air Coast Force Guard
    I'm an enlisted 6-star General, Air Coast Force Guard
    Blog Entries
    The best reaction I've gotten from movers in terms of food was when I got deli trays - sandwich trays, veggie trays and fruit trays. They were so delighted and grateful!! They get so much pizza and fast food; the fruit in particular was a HUGE hit. Also have plenty of bottled water on hand, and be sure the bathroom is available for them with plenty of toilet paper and soap and hand towels.
  3. Banned
    Banned
    subs and drinks- and the meat and cheese trays are great too.

for the UB I would send only the things you need right away. for me my lap top would go in hand, but we wents towels, a shower curtian, rings, a few things to cook with, the playstation, an air bed and linens a can opener, things I would need for the 2 weeks we 'roughed it" in the new house.
  4. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel
    Having just gone through this..it all depends where you are going.

We went to Germanyso this is what we sent.

You will get beds (if they are avaiblable), pots and pans, some plates, cooking things, toaster, iron, stuff like that. Since we knew this all, we sent clothing, bedding, towles, living things. We also sent lots of toys and different things to make it a home.
    We also sent cots, and kitchen items to make it worth our stay.

As for the food. It all depends on who your contractors were. Ours DIDN'T want food. They just wanted to get done and out ofthere. We did philly cheese steaks. just made a large good meal.
    "Obstinacy is a fault of temperament. Stubbornness and Intolerance of contradiction result from a special kind of Egotism, which elevates above everything else the pleasure of its own autonomous intellect, to which others must bow.: Carl von Clausewitz
  5. You are here.
    You are here.
    Quote Originally Posted by DakotaCowgirl View Post
    Having just gone through this..it all depends where you are going.

We went to Germanyso this is what we sent.

You will get beds (if they are avaiblable), pots and pans, some plates, cooking things, toaster, iron, stuff like that. Since we knew this all, we sent clothing, bedding, towles, living things. We also sent lots of toys and different things to make it a home.
    We also sent cots, and kitchen items to make it worth our stay.

As for the food. It all depends on who your contractors were. Ours DIDN'T want food. They just wanted to get done and out ofthere. We did philly cheese steaks. just made a large good meal.
    Yep, three of our PCS moves, the contractors said no...one move the movers said okay so we picked up Sonic, but the rest, they said no, that their company didn't allow that. IDK why, but yeah, the boss on the job said no.
  6. Senior Member

We never had the guys turn down food. We have ordered pizza to getting subway. I usually just tell them what is close and let them decide. Then, I go pick it up for them and then I feed them in a bikini.
  7. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel

Quote Originally Posted by decks View Post
    We never had the guys turn down food. We have ordered pizza to getting subway. I usually just tell them what is close and let them decide. Then, I go pick it up for them and then I feed them in a bikini.

8. Senior Member
    Don't you risk prawn exposure with that behavior?

"If we ever forget that we're one nation under God, then we will be a nation gone under." - President Ronald Reagan
  9. Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by Judi View Post
    Don't you risk prawn exposure with that behavior?
    Yes, but luckily all the movers so far have loved shrimp.
  10. Senior Member
    Yes, but luckily all the movers so far have loved shrimp.
    Do you provide the cocktail sauce too?

"If we ever forget that we're one nation under God, then we will be a nation gone under." - President Ronald Reagan
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast