Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

Thread: Point Mugu

1. Regular Member

Point Mugu

Advertisements
    We have had our official orders to Point Mugu for about a month now. We will be going sometime in July, just have to figure out when leaving here (Hawaii) works best for us. We have heard that most of the housing on Point Mugu is all new/newer, but can't seem to find any pictures. I was wondering if anyone on here is from the area?

Also we were told by some friends that there's some housing on Port Hueneme that doesn't take all of BAH (I know here it's called 802 housing). We are only considering that because we are going to be losing quite a bit of COLA leaving here, but it will really depend on the places. We have twin boys (who will be turning 1 on July 31, so right around when we are moving) and need a place big enough for them without feeling too crowded.

So... anyone out there with pictures of some of the Point Mugu/Port Hueneme housing?
  2. Senior Member
    Sorry no pictures, however I live in Ventura cty and the area around base in port hueneme and oxnard can be sketchy. I'd try to talk to people if you are serious about a place and get the lowdown. There are some nicer areas but probably pricey. On base may be safer? Ventura area is nice with a cool downtown.

3. Regular Member
    We are only considering on base, either Point Mugu or Port Hueneme. I was trying to find more information on the housing on Port Hueneme as we were told there was some type of housing there (it's called 802 housing Hawaii) where they only take about 1/2 of your BAH because it's the housing that hasn't been remodeled or rebuilt.
  4. Senior Member
    sorry I haven't really spent much time on base so I can't give you any advice. Good luck though and hopefully someone else will know about it on here!

5. Regular Member
    Thanks
  6. Live&Learn
    Live&Learn
    Maybe you can contact the base and they can send you pictures or tell you about the area?

https://www.cnic.navy.mil/Ventura/Re...oard/index.htm

Hope that helps. I know how hard it is to get info about an area before you move there.