Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

Thread: hanscom AFB boston ma!

1. All I know now is US not just me
    All I know now is US not just me
    Blog Entries

hanscom AFB boston ma!

Advertisements
    any advice or suggestions where to live? i found an apartment that was like 40 min from base that someone on here suggested. i love boston area but a little intimidated. anyone live on base or near? i posted something like this in locations but didnt know where else. anythingn would help1
  2. Fresh Newbie
    Fresh Newbie
    We live in Hanson Ma...We didnt live on base. What area are you looking at?? I am from mass si I am pretty familiar with the areas! Where will DH be working??
  3. All I know now is US not just me
    All I know now is US not just me
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by evansmom View Post
    We live in Hanson Ma...We didnt live on base. What area are you looking at?? I am from mass si I am pretty familiar with the areas! Where will DH be working??
    Hi! I'm kelli first of all! DH is working in finance. He is in tech school right now, I think we are moving around july. Like I said it was suggested marlborough (sp) or nasua but they are 30-40 min from base and I wasn't sure how that would be with traffic. We are looking for a 1-2 bedroom apartment that allows dogs. We don't have a dog now but we would like to get one next spring. We don't want to move just bc we got a dog.I am from a medium size town in ohio, toledo and he is from a SMALL town in ohio. I'm excited and nervous at the same time. I don't know towns so anything would help!
  4. Fresh Newbie
    Fresh Newbie
    Hi Kelli! My name is Mary. Lexington and Lincoln are very close to Base! Waltham is not to far from there also. But traffic gets Insane In the morning and the evening! My HUsband worked out in waltham and hated the drive from the town we lived in! Marlborough is a nice area also. I know a few people who lived on Base and left and moved to Lincoln or Lexiinton and loved it....I could ask them how they liked the house they lived in....I do know they had 2 dogs big dogs! But there is so much to do...You will have to get use to the driving it can be intimidating at times! Hanscom has old and Brand new housing!! The old is not so good but the new looks Beautiful...The BAH is a big amount here so we always lived off base and saved the rest. I will ask around to my friends and see what area near the base they liked the best.
  5. I was a GREAT mom... until I had kids.
    I was a GREAT mom... until I had kids.
    Blog Entries
    Oh yes, the driving. Just don't piss any natives off, and you won't get yelled at.

We're all MASSholes.