Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

Thread: PCS to Lakenheath....Down to the wire...stressed

1. Fresh Newbie
    Fresh Newbie

Bang Head PCS to Lakenheath....Down to the wire...stressed

Advertisements

We are supposed to leave here in May and still waiting on medical clearance and hard copies...and I have no clue what to do....How do you pack for this??? I've been told to seperate my things into what goes with us and what comes later?? So, where do I start? And does the air force pack for us??? I wish this was more organized...ahhhhh HELP!! Also, we have a 7 yr old and a 2 yr old....how do I pack for them??
  2. Just your everyday, laidback Aussie Girl
    Just your everyday, laidback Aussie Girl

If you are supposed to leave and all the clearances and visas and everything aren't complete, your DH will have to go and you will follow with the kids after.

But until you find all though out, take it as if you are leaving together. Yes the military will pack you. You will need to sort out your stuff into 4 criteria: military/work realted for your husband, unaccompanied luggage (stuff you won't take on the plane with you, but will need very shortly after arriving, this can not include furniture but can include smallish TV, microwave, etc.), your personal items which you will take over with you on the plane, and then everything else as household goods. Your DH will have to go to TMO and get a breakdown of the weights for each category (it will depend on his rank). If you can, put everything that is not household goods in a seperate area of the house.
    For the kids, of course they will need clothes, but I would also keep out some books, handheld games and their favourite toys for them (make sure it will fit in a backpack though), you may also like to talk to their teachers and get some class work for them. I know that they will be going to new schools, but it will help to keep them busy and learning.

3. Fresh Newbie
    Fresh Newbie
    Thanks so much...Do need to put dishes and pictures and things like that in unaccompanied? So bascially move the things we need right away in to a room and leave the rest where it is?? What about nail polish, hair products, baby items??